Parents Looking for a boy's mushroom pommel horse trainer.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My 8 year old son has been saving and saving to buy a mushroom. He now has $125, which is what someone had offered him, but sold it before he saved up enough. Anyone have one for sale or know of how we can get one? We live in Costa Mesa, CA, but can pay for shipping.

Last edited by a moderator:
To the OP I removed your phone number from your post. Just asking for some phone calls that you will not like. Let along letting the odd folk that might lurk here know exactly where to find you. People can post in the thread or use the PM system to contact you. Welcome to the Chalkbucket.

I found some details once about using an old cable drum as a base and padding a top with foam. Check out indestructibles.com for some ideas and youtube.

Sent from my CnM Touchpad 9.7 using ChalkBucket mobile app

My dad made one for DS about 3 years ago and I don't know the site but I remember just searching for build mushroom gymnastics. Ours is basically wood with duct tape on top (there's more to it but it's seriously pretty simple) and it has been heavily used!!!!

Well of they are not kept Busy they just get into trouble don't they ;-)

Sent from my CnM Touchpad 9.7 using ChalkBucket mobile app

my husband made one from a sump pump pit and some wood circles he cut from some plywood. he covered it with foam and a large yoga mat then covered with vinyl. Here are some pictures of the progress NRR_template_14.jpg
I think it turned out pretty good. He only needs to add the X on the top. My son practices with it quite a bit. Hopefully soon the circles beast will be a thing of the past!!! Good luck on your mushroom hunt.

I did see one on craigslist in st louis for 125.00. Not sure if they would ship but here is the link to the craigslist ad gymnastic pommel trainer (mushroom)

One of my old gymnasts has mine in Northern California. Technically it is still mine and he and his mom were going to give it to me when they were done with it. He's a level 8 now so I don't know how much he still uses it (though maybe he uses the floor mushroom but it doesn't have handles).

If you are interested, PM me and I will see about contacting them (and seeing if they use it all anymore as his lil brother was getting into L3 or 4 I think) and facilitating a sale (as I'm now in CO momentarily). I think I originally bought it, used for about that price. Not too concerned about the cost of it, other than knowing it has a good home.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back