Parents Looking for blog/column topic requests!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

How do you *really* define a stuck landing"? Does it mean no steps or is there more to it? As a fan, I thought I understood, but as a relative newbie parent, I'm realizing that perhaps I don't.

First article is up! I welcome feedback and further questions, but for any feedback on specific articles please put it in the comments for that article.

A post on meet protocols and what to expect! I would love that as I'm pretty new to all this...

The art of falling. lol that sounds funny. But seriously! I was always that kid to injury my back by falling and compressing into a scorpion, or fracture my shin on the equipment because I completely layed out and flailed while falling. I would love to see what positions are best to fall in on different events, how to fall into the pit best, how to peel from bars safest, etc. 6 years of gymnastics later and I still have not figured out how to fall and not hurt myself. I was always the girl to fall spectacularly.

I'd love to see one or more columns on the physics of various gymnastics skills, especially on bars. I took up a different flying-through-the-air sport as a young adult and was always fascinated by the conversion of linear motion into rotational motion.
Oh, my not-so-inner nerd squealed so hard reading this, LOL.

I'd love to see one or more columns on the physics of various gymnastics skills, especially on bars. I took up a different flying-through-the-air sport as a young adult and was always fascinated by the conversion of linear motion into rotational motion.
now THIS is the sort of stuff I love to write! I can definitely do this.

Still working on this one. Just so you know: it'll be a multi-part series, and I probably won't get to bars until at least part 3.

I've got the first draft of part 1 done, currently waiting for my editor/wife to look over it.

Going into the Olympics, a guide on some of the big deductions? Things that can look invisible, like low chests; get picked over, like rings; and how much equipment brushes/out of bounds/over time actually cost? The stuff where it's easy for people to get caught up in the narrative and then be upset about when scores are much lower (or higher--that .1 overtime wasn't actually that big a deal) then the commentator hype lead people to expect?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back