Looking for fundraising ideas!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I've heard that selling smencils and smens can be an easy fundraiser, especially if you are hosting a camp or meet. Also, what about sweaty bands, I've heard they do fundraisers, now too.

Ones that have been big fund raisers for us ($1500 - $2500 each)

A pancake breakfast at Applebee's - they do all the work you do all the PR and ticket sales and provide servers and greaters. You sell the tickets for $5 each and for every ticket turned in at the door for a meal you pay Applebee's $2 and you keep $3 and if they buy a ticket and don't show you keep the whole $5. However I heard they recently changed how they do things so it might not be as good a choice now

Canning/Tagging - You know stand outside a store with can in hand asking for donations. Our best location is the local liquor stores on a Saturday especially on a weekend where their is a big game, or a holiday party weekend.

Car Decals - These would be sold to your gymnasts families both rec class and team for like $10 each. It usually has the name of the gym and gymnast first name and a silouette of a gymnast doing a pose. The Rec Classes really go for these and will buy one for every car they have. Think of those white decals you see on cars that show family members - it is made like that but as one big decal

Candy Bars - We get the "fundraiser box" from Sam's Club. So we can buy what we want and return any unopened boxes. the box cost about $25 - $28 with I think 52 Hershey products to sell If you sell for $1 each you make about $25 - $28 profit on each box. They are easy to sell as parent just bring them to work put them on their desk and co-workers usually will go through a box or 2 in just a few days. My DD sells a box or two at her school in a week - the kids buy them at lunch time from her and the teachers will buy them when she goes to classes (she is in HS with 5000 other kids so it's easier to sell)

Used Leo Sales (makes about $500 each time)- have all the rec class kids and team kids clean out those closets and give their unwanted or too small leos to the you. Then take a week during the rec classes in the waiting areas sell them for $5 or $10 each. you do need to advertise to the gym participants so they come prepared to buy on the days you set up. We usually do them 3 times a year - one in Sept when folks are new, once near Christmas and once around Mar or April.

Thanks for the ideas! I did get tickled when you mentioned standing outside of a liquor store though! We are in the bible belt so these moms would have a stroke if I suggested that lol

Used leo sales and large garage sales are pretty easy ways to make money with no overhead. You could always include a carwash and sell homemade cookies, brownies etc at the garage sale.
Silent auctions can be very good money makers and lots of fun although you do need to make sure you have some good things to bid on.

I've heard Scrip fundraisers can be really big money makers- it's basically selling gift cards to popular places (restaurants, gas stations, etc.) and getting a portion of the sale price. It is still selling something, but people can purchase a card from a place they regularly spend money anyway instead of buying another wreath/pizza kit/tub of cookie dough. I'm sure someone else can give you a better explanation and more info.

Ones that have been big fund raisers for us ($1500 - $2500 each)

Canning/Tagging - You know stand outside a store with can in hand asking for donations. Our best location is the local liquor stores on a Saturday especially on a weekend where their is a big game, or a holiday party weekend.

Canning and tagging kind of give me the creeps...reminds me of begging. I'd rather just write a check than do this though...

Canning and tagging kind of give me the creeps...reminds me of begging. I'd rather just write a check than do this though...

It's very common in my area for the teams of all types to do the canning to the point that the towns in the area only allow 2 dates per year per team.

And yes it is begging for money but it usually brings in the most revenue of any other fundraiser, doesn't cost us anything but our time. Like any other fundraiser families are not required to participate but encouraged to do so. Anyone that feels creeped out can opt not to do it. I've been one of the parents supervising and really its no different a feeling then sitting out there begging for people to buy Girl Scout cookies or Boy Scout Popcorn.

I would love to just write a check but the bank keeps telling me that I need the money in the bank to back up the check ;-)
Unfortunatly we don't have the funds to just write a check.

I guess I wonder what the "fundraising" is used for...we have been in a gym that did fundraising and I didn't see that it affected my bottom line at all...still paid $1600/yr in assessments per kid (even had to pay an entry fee of $100 to be in our own HOME meet!) ; tuition 500/ mo; $300 for leos ; $200 for warm up suit ...and then at the end of the year , they hit me up for an extra 400-800 for Regionals and Nationals so I always wondered what the funds were for....now we're in a gym with no fundraising and I am paying about 2/3 of what I did in the gym with fundraising....

In my case my DD goes to a very small, honest, country, inexpensive gym. We don't even have a booster club. We only have 18 optional kids Level 7-10. We are raising money for coaches fees next season. We stay pretty local most of the season, but go on a couple big trips. Next season they have mentioned Chicago so we want to do some fundraising to pay for the coaches travel/food etc... will prevent some big coaches fees!

Can someone explain Scripping? I googled it, but how much $ did you average per year? Is it really worth it? Would love to hear!

Our club is big on fundraising. We are always looking to improve on our facility and the fees the gymnasts pay just don't cover it!

We don't yet have a viewing area which is what we are currently raising money for, so we keep doing 'open weeks' where parents are allowed to come and watch their child's session. We also combine this with a cake sale and refreshments. These have raised approx £250 each, plus a raffle which has raised around £50-£70 each time.

Every christmas we do a raffle - every gymnast is sent home with 5 books of tickets to sell to friends and family - works out that they sell approx £5 worth of tickets each, Some sell more, others less. The prizes are donated from the gymnasts families - just tins, packets of food, christmas puddings etc and we make up 3 hampers as the main prizes. A lot of families also donate other prizes too. Last year we had 50 prizes altogether, and raised over £1000!

We do an awards ceremony every year which also doubles as a fund raiser - but we do have quite a big outlay too - medals, DJ, Hall hire etc. So that doesn't make us a whole lot of money, but every little helps! I think it is usually £500 ish

We run gymnastics camps every school holiday and all the coaches volunteer so it is 100% profit. We made almost £2000 over Easter.

Marie
a swim club locally did a textile collection in conjunction with co -op and got £1000 ish
worth looking into?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back