Parents Looking For Gymnastics Books or Magazines for my DD

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

NY Dad

Proud Parent
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could suggest books or magazines about gymnastics for my 7 year old dd. It can be for her to read or for me to read to her.

Thanks

DD7 has enjoyed me reading her Simone Bile's autobiography. We also checked out the Dominique Moceanu fiction series Go For the Gold and she liked that as well.

There are some fun early chapter books.the Jake Maddox girls sports series has a few gym ones. Sports illustrated kids books has a few, one called I Broke Into Gymnastics Camp. The American Girl McKenna books are good too, about gymnastics and perseverance in life.

DD (8yo) just finished Simone's book, and is now into Laurie Hernandez's book. She has really enjoyed them. She has a subscription to Inside Gymnastics, which she also enjoys, though it looks to me like a ton of adds and very few stories.

Thanks for the recommendations, I haven't had time to look at them yet but Sarah_the_gymnast asked me to post her response here:

I couldn't reply to you because you posted your thread it in the parent forum, but you could read:

And for you:

Hope this was helpful! If you wouldn't mind, could you post this on the thread so anyone looking for similar information will be able to find it? Thanks!

My dd has the Perfect Balance gymnastics series. There's 3 books & my dd read them pretty quick. She's finished Simons Biles book & is working on Laurie Hernandez now.

Try searching Amazon because I know dd had a few older series that I bought, mostly used and I think some from the U.K.

My dd7 just finished reading an early reader chapter book called The Worst Gymnast by Thalia Kalkipsakis. It is a really cute book about perseverance. My dd liked it.

My DD (age 8) also loved the Perfect Balance series (and is waiting anxiously for the next book). She also recently devoured the Simone Biles and Laurie Hernandez biographies.... and she is not much of a reader. I'm looking for another book for her so will keep checking back for any new suggestions! Thanks

There's a book called Tumbling by Caela Carter. My DD (10- level 6) loves and is about halfway through. She's read the ones my Laurie and Simone. As well as the series by Dominique Moceanu - The Go for the Gold Gymnasts Series..... all have kept her attention.
Good luck!

We ordered the first book by Melisa Torres, the Perfect Balance series. My DD is also 7. If you order from her website she will sign it! I had her sign congratulations to my daughter on her Level 1 season and gave it to her just before states. http://www.melisatorres.com

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back