Looks like H1N1 !

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymmomntc2e6

Moderator/Proud Parent
Well, DD woke up this morning with a temp of 101.3, severe headache, body aches, stuffy nose and a cough !
Because she has asthma I called her doctor who had me bring her in. He said she has the flu, and that the seasonal flu has not reared it's ugly head yet so it had to be H1N1. Because she is high risk they prescribed Tamaflu. He said that since we got her in so quickly after the onset and are getting the Tamaflu in her quickly she should be fine by Monday.
We do have to break out the nebuluzer and pulmocort for the week as well.

I am looking for some 'may nobody else in the family catch it fairies' and have just stocked up on Lysol !!

Oh poor little thing, better to get it now as if this virus spreads quickly access to doctors may be limited. Make her some posicles, great way of getting fluids in, soothing sore throat and hydrating at the same time.

My girls have asthma too, hubby and I were just discussing the impact on asthmatics, ours take singulair when colds show up and we would do the same for the H1N1.

Keep washing the hands etc, but it is flu and it is contagious. I am sure in the next few months many of us will be shring the same news!

Oh, poor baby:( Sending lots of fairies. Some to keep it from spreading, some to help your sweetie get better quickly, and a few others who help mom maintain sanity.

I agree with Bog, poscicles are the way to go for hydration. Be prepared for many, many hours of snuggles too! (teehee, there's always that upside to illness!)

We'll be praying for a speedy recovery.

Here's hoping for a speedy recovery for your DD. H1N1 hit 4 out of 5 of our family members (everyone except DH) this past spring. DD and younger DS are also asthmatic so it took them a few days more to recover than the rest of us. We had to keep them on the nebulizer until the coughing subsided. But within 4-5 days they were back to almost normal!

Well wishes to your daughter! Get well soon!

Shellchelle, sorry it went through your family.

DD seems fine tonight, yeah Tamaflu ! She had a fever (100) this morning so she'll have to miss school tomorrow and likely gym although by the time practice would start she would have been fever free 24 hours. Don't want to push it though. She does have a meet Sunday, and really needs the practice. We will wait and see.

Still coughing quite a bit but even that seems to be improving. I am so glad I took her right away !

Glad she is doing better. Several friends have had H1N1 around here. We are stocked up with our natural remedies and hope that they will keep it to a mininum/quick recovery if we do get sick.

What a fast turn around, that's great news! You must be so relieved:)

She must have one heck of an immune system to beat down such a tenacious virus so quickly!

So sorry to hear your dd is sick, but it does sound like she is doing better today. We are bracing for H1N1 here. It will be a race to see whether the kids can be vaccinated before they catch it. Sending healing vibes your way!

Meg

I am sick too. I stayed home from school yestarday and today. Yestarday I have a fever of 100 and a sore throat, and today my fever is gone but my throat is still sore so i stayed home again since it hasn't been 24 hours yet, and my mom said that if it is the swine flu, I need to wait 24 hours before going back to school so i don't infect anyone else. Which means I can't go to gymnastics today :(

And i hope your daughter starts to feel better soon!

We have a couple of confirmed cases here on my campus. They are quarantined lol. I really do not want to be sick. Someone asked me mockingly if I'd been getting all my vitamin c, and I said, "Why yes, actually I have. I take vitamins every day" Ha!

I apologize, I have only just now come upon this post. I would have liked to wish your dd a speedy & full recovery! But it looks like she is on her way, so keep up the good work! I'm glad she got the Tamiflu. It really helps.

Let us know when she is all better! :)

Hope your dd is now fully recovered. We've had 5 or 6 girls in the team program who have had confirmed cases of the H1N1. I want to beg parents, if you child is sick, keep them home from school and gym. I've been running across alot of the attitude of "its just the H1N1 and the kids don't get that sick." Well, some do get over it quickly and some get quite sick especially those with asthma, diabetes etc.

Everyone needs to be careful with this year's flu. I live in SC and one of our local schools of 1000 had to close down for the week because they had almost 300 students/teachers out on a Monday. Unfortunately, one little girl (age 11) that went to that school woke up that Monday morning feeling sick and was confirmed with the flu that day. She woke up Tuesday and was having a hard time breathing (her asthma was known to act up when she was ill), so she was taken to the hospital. They gave her some medicine. On Wednesday, she woke up and still was having a hard time breathing, so they took her back to the hospital where they confirmed that she had developed pnemonia. They were transporting her to the Children's hospital in the next town when she died in the ambulance.

It moves way to fast!! She was a well child playing in a softball tornament on Sunday that passed away on Wednesday.

Everyone needs to be careful with this year's flu. I live in SC and one of our local schools of 1000 had to close down for the week because they had almost 300 students/teachers out on a Monday. Unfortunately, one little girl (age 11) that went to that school woke up that Monday morning feeling sick and was confirmed with the flu that day. She woke up Tuesday and was having a hard time breathing (her asthma was known to act up when she was ill), so she was taken to the hospital. They gave her some medicine. On Wednesday, she woke up and still was having a hard time breathing, so they took her back to the hospital where they confirmed that she had developed pnemonia. They were transporting her to the Children's hospital in the next town when she died in the ambulance.

It moves way to fast!! She was a well child playing in a softball tornament on Sunday that passed away on Wednesday.

That is so sad and exactly why I took my DD in right away. She has asthma and I knew it was nothing to play with. She had the seasonal flu a couple years ago and ended up with pnuemonia.

Please stay home if you are sick, and if you have an underlying medical condition please call your doctor if you develop flu symptoms. We got lucky hers was very mild and we got her on tamaflu within 12 hours of onset

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back