Parents Looks like the Last Level 4 Meet Report

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

AlexsGymmyMom

Proud Parent
Alex had what I think is her last Level 4 meet on Sunday. She is supposed to compete in Kansas City this coming weekend but she has hurt her foot and is in a boot at the moment.:( We are not sure what she did but on Saturday evening she was complaining about the top of her right foot. I brushed it off because I saw no swelling or bruising there. The next morning she was still saying it was sore but not as bad as Saturday. We talked about it and she did not want to let her team down so we went to the meet. She did favor it a little bit but overall she did great. 2nd highest AA score 35.20 ever so I was very proud of her!!! Monday morning her foot had swollen so we took her to the sport ortho. They took x-rays but did not see a break. He told us that he could not rule out a break as the growth plate can look like a broken bone so the break could be there. We will have more x-rays in 2 weeks to see if it is better. He also said if it feels better in a few days that it is probably not broken and she can resume her activities. Lets hope it feels better. Her first Level 5 meet is the following weekend Jan 30-31 at Southeast Missouri State University.(SEMO) She had been looking forward to this meet all year because she went to camp there and meet some girls she would like to see again and her big brother goes to school there and he has never seen her compete so she was looking forward to him coming. Sorry this is sooooo long but here are her meet results with a hurt foot!!!

Vault - 8.4 she did not run very fast for obvious reasons and the vault looked
like it was in slow motion. No place
Bars - 9.3 Always her strongest event 1st place out of 26 girls
Beam - 9.1 Personal best. 4th place
Floor - 8.2 Her foot was hurting pretty bad by this event. No Place

AA - 35.20 9th place. Not too bad considering!!!!

Send healing fairies our way please!!!! Hopefully she will be able to compete at SEMO. If she does not she will only have 1 more chance to qualify for Level 5 states.

Sending healing fairies! If it is a break in the growth plate, better for her to let it heal properly than to hurt it worse by competing on it. Here's hoping she feels better in a couple of days and it turns out to be nothing. Great job at her last L4 meet with a hurt foot!

Meg

Sending the healing fairies !!! Hope it is ok, definitely don't want to mess with growth plates. My DD broke the one in her wrist in 2008.

She did great at that meet, especially with a hurt foot. Sending her lots of healing vibes. Lots of not broken fairies coming your way, too. Hope she can get healed in time for her first level 5 meet!

Great meet results with a bum foot! Her bar score was fantastic... I hope that her foot starts to feel better and she doesn't have to wait to get more x-rays!

Here's hoping that 1/30-1/31 are a go! ;)

:(

I'm so sorry to hear that! I'm crossing my fingers that it will, indeed, feel better in a few days. How is she taking the news? I bet she is totally bummed. Poor thing. And to think she did so awesome at the meet! Sounds like she thrives in the face of adversity! What a fighter :D

~Congrats on a wonderful meet~

sorry about her foot. I hope it is not broken and that she feels better soon.

Great job and congrats on movingup to L5

Thanks everyone! Alex is really bummed out about missing meets. She just loves the spotlight!! But we need to make sure it heals properly so she can come back even stronger!!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back