Los Angeles gyms reopening?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Champ19302

Proud Parent
Hi there!

Wondering whether other LA-area gyms are officially reopening practice for teams. Our gym told us that they only have approval to open for summer camp, but team sports haven't been approved yet. I know that technically gymnastics is a team sport, but it's very different from something like soccer. I don't see the difference in being able to hold a summer camp at a gym vs. team practice.

I don't know specifically about LA gyms, but this is an issue that so many gyms are facing. They are technically included in later phases, but don't really meet the requirements for "team sports" or gyms which really means public work out gyms. I know in our state several gymnastics gyms worked together to petition the governor to move them to phase 2, rather than phase 3 (when they were grouped with all gyms).

I don't know specifically about LA gyms, but this is an issue that so many gyms are facing. They are technically included in later phases, but don't really meet the requirements for "team sports" or gyms which really means public work out gyms. I know in our state several gymnastics gyms worked together to petition the governor to move them to phase 2, rather than phase 3 (when they were grouped with all gyms).
Thanks for the info. This is so frustrating. They've been doing 2x weekly Zoom conditioning classes, but that's not nearly enough and my daughter misses it so much.

Breaking news!

Attachments

• gm.JPG
    gm.JPG
    122.8 KB · Views: 12
Tuesday I’m going back to gym! Groups have been cut short though and hours to. I went from 16 hours a week to 6. We will still also continue zoom workouts

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back