Parents Losing another coach

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

N

nettyinpa

I arrived at my dd's practice last night an hour late (my mom picked her up). They only had 2 groups, one group of 7, one group of 8. Usually there are 3 coaches and the groups are smaller. Well, one of our coaches had gone home to Ohio to visit her family for the holiday. Well, turns out she may not be returning! :( My dd is so upset as am I. The same thing happened to them earlier this year in their developmental class. They did a whole lot of nothing last night because they were waiting their turns for things. I feel bad for the other 2 coaches that have to deal with that many girls at a time. I'm hoping at practice tomorrow they'll be able to put another coach in temporarily. Sorry, I just had to vent.:(

that is always a hard situation! We lost a coach last year (our primary optional coach) and it took awhile to get things right again but now its a better atmosphere! It will get better... hang in there!

That;s too bad, transition is hard on little ones.

The coaches should adapt quickly though, my little dd has 9 in her group and there is no standing around, her coach sets up stations for everything.

Keep any eye on things, if things don't get better in a few weeks you can always have a chat with the coaches.

One of our coaches left three weeks ago after coaching with us for four years, it was a shock to us all, she had three young groups, all her girls had to be absorbed into other groups somehow. It's never the best, but I guess it is the nature of the sport.

Goood luck

Seems to be a real epidemic of coaches leaving gyms this year. 2 coaches should be enough for 15 girls if the coaches get it together and communicate who is doing what skills or event. It just may have been disorganized because they were counting on that 3rd coach in the gym and had to rethink how to do things. Hope she doesn't keep everyone in suspense about her plans----that's not fair to the other coaches and the girls.

that sucks. i can imagine how hard it must be to lose a coach. they see them so much and get so attached. A cried when we left her old gym because she really loved her coach. and she only saw her once a week. hope they figure it all out soon.

Seems to be a real epidemic of coaches leaving gyms this year. 2 coaches should be enough for 15 girls if the coaches get it together and communicate who is doing what skills or event. It just may have been disorganized because they were counting on that 3rd coach in the gym and had to rethink how to do things. Hope she doesn't keep everyone in suspense about her plans----that's not fair to the other coaches and the girls.

Yeah, it would be nice if she would come back to say goodbye to the girls. She's been working with them for over a year, 3 days a week. Their first meet is next weekend. Shame she may miss that. I know it will all work out in the end, it just sad.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back