WAG Lowest score?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My DD's lowest was 8.2 something - one was her first year of competing on bars and the next was a very low scoring meet when she had a beam fall.

The lowest I've actually seen at a meet was 4 something on bars - but the bars were so scary. These kids should NOT have been doing Level 4 bars!

Last year at one of the meets my son was at, the pommel judge was giving out 5s and at least one 4 to L9s. The worst score I've ever seen that involved a completed routine was a 2 and change on horse at L6 regionals a few years back. The routine back then had a mushroom half and a pommel half. We figured out that the judge had to have awarded this poor kid a negative score on mushroom to reach the final score. It was later adjusted to a 6.

The guys get hit with a point per fall, so if optionals fall on skills that cost them element groups, they can get pretty far down. My own beloved offspring have gotten down into the 6s and 7s.

DD had 6.5 on L4 vault. She had really bad blocking at the time and coach was terrified that she would face plant so she got spotted. It was one of those "character building moments" where she was so embarrassed when the score was posted but had to keep it together for the rest of the meet (vault was the first event).

6.9 on DD first ever beam routine---they told the girls they would get a rubber duck if they didnt fall off beam so everyone's beam routines were aweful as their heads were glued looking at the beam and they were all bad form and wobbles to ensure they DIDNT fall and they go the duck. I hate when they pass out the stupid ducks o_O Lowest i have seen was actualy our last meet there was a team of girls that were all getting in the 5's and 6s on all the events. I have no idea why they were all level 4 they did not seem like they had all the skills and form was an issue--i understand if you are missing one or two skills on one or two events but that was not the case.

My dd's lowest was 7.2 on bars the first meet of level 4 a couple years ago. She didn't make either one of her kips at that meet.

She came in 2nd to last on bars and the lowest score was 6.5, but I didn't see that routine so I'm not sure what happened there.

7.6 gold beam. She fell twice and everything else was wobbly and low amplitude. I can't blame her much, at that point it was 2 hours past her bedtime and she had not eaten since lunch! Beam's usually her best event.

I got a 6-something on vault as an NAIGC level 6 last year. Had been having mental blocks on it and a coach teammate offered to spot it. More or less attempted to faceplant into the table and took out the spotter. Got 3rd--the way you know only three level 6s competed that event!

Beam, 8.9 fell off after flip flop - flip flop series.

I'm curious, what level is your DD and how many seasons gas she competed? I honestly have not known any kid to never gayve an off score at a meet here and there. All 3 of mine have had some disasters in meets with forgetting routines in compulsories. I just looked up Simone Biles' scores, even she has an 8.05 and quite a few 8s.

8.050- fell on her face on level 8 beam dismount and lost credit for a skill. She made a gymnastics fail video on a popular IG account for that one! LOL

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back