Lu Yufei vs Sunisa Lee routines on bars

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

D

Deleted member 26744

I was surprised that Sunisa Lee's routine scored higher than Lu Yufei's. Do you think this was right?

I just want to know - didn't Suni's foot touch the floor while she was on the low bar? Was this noticed by the judges and deducted?

Gosh, another thread critical of US gymnastics.
I am a big fan of the qualities of the Chinese gymnastics but I do not dislike US gymnastics.

I honestly thought Lu Yufei had a better, cleaner routine from the view of a fan who did gymnastics when they were young but never competed. I am not very knowledgable about code of points, missed connections and what they count for, etc. That is why I am asking others who might be more knowledgable.

I am a big fan of the qualities of the Chinese gymnastics but I do not dislike US gymnastics.

I honestly thought Lu Yufei had a better, cleaner routine from the view of a fan who did gymnastics when they were young but never competed. I am not very knowledgable about code of points, missed connections and what they count for, etc. That is why I am asking others who might be more knowledgable.
She had. By one tenth, according to the judges. But, since Suni's difficulty was 0.2 higher, her total score ended up higher too.
1627941801793.png

I can't find Lu Yufei's... someone post it if you find it. Here is Suni's...

Another angle...

Lee over Lu was the correct ranking. Yufei was slightly cleaner, but not by much; she had a very short handstand in there and caught her jaeger close to the bar. Despite Suni breaking her connections (not an E deduction) and brushing her feet the individual skills were well executed, and Suni's difficulty was still higher. Yufei broke the intended connection between her pak and van leeuwen - she should have gone down to the low bar and then immediately back up - which lost her .2 in difficulty. Suni lost .6 in difficulty from broken connections but her peak difficulty is .6 higher than Yufei's.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back