lvl 8 tumbling pass question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

T

twoofthem

My dd, who is a new lvl 8 is excited about her floor pass. I'm just wondering if it's a reasonable pass for lvl 8 or if she is trying to put too much in to one pass.

She wants a front tuck step out, robh half with a punch front. She is the only one on her lvl attempting this. I'm very proud of her, she has never pushed her self or been excited like this for something in gymnastics. She always does well but is happy to just do it for the sake of doing it, which, of course is fine but I wonder if the competitive side is coming out.

For lvl 7 she had her half as her last pass and so far she has all of this pass but does end up on her butt for the punch front.

I see front-front (even layouts) being done often in Level 8. The half-punch is more rare. So long as, the half in the series is allowed (and I think it is) and she can hit it, why not? At this level, most kids start becoming more specialized. Very few can be equally as good in all events. Both the coaches and the gymnasts will find the specialty(ies) and try to push hard in that direction. Well, I see that as a sign, a good one. Good luck!

Applause would be more appropriate than an answer, but since you asked.....This is a great tumbling pass, and landing on her butt is just part of the process. If she still has the problem in late November?.......

Sounds great to me! Ambition isn't a bad thing in level 8, especially since the jump to 9 is big (maybe not so much in a year).

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back