Off Topic MAC vs PC?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

It's not black or white for me... Here's a not-so-short answer.

For development, I prefer Unix over anything (so Linux will do ok by me for the most part). I believe GUI should only be GUI if there is a purpose to make life easier for people. I don't think Linux should have a frontend just to make it like a Windows/MaC wannabe. I like my shells.

But, for a desktop computer (work or home), I would go with Windoze, which I still despise. I know it's higher maintenance but I use it because of commonality, familiarity and availability of 3rd party tools. A brand is what makes a good PC not Windoze itself. As a Unix user, I am one that would install a bunch of unix tools on a PC when I meet it for the first time. I cannot do without them. Powershell scored a lot of points with me when I discovered it for the first time.

I don't like (and hardly ever used) Mac because I don't think I like Steve Jobs and his company any better than Bill Gates' as it stands. I hate IPOD (had one) and its business tactics. Unlike Windoze, anything coming out of Apple is way overpriced and intentionally under quality. It's all trickery to build an empire at the expense of its customers. Sadly people (including wife and kids) buy right into it (think iPod/iTunes for one example). Today's Apple is everything that made people hated Microsoft and worse. The ironic thing is that I used to root for that company.

Last edited:
i have a pc however apple safari is better than ie. and iTunes works better on a mac.
Of course iTunes works better on a MAC. It should. It's all of the same empire.

Try Mozilla Firefox for a browser. All the real geeks use FF nowadays. IE is far better now because of the features it copied from it. I think FF has a port for MAC too.

Of course iTunes works better on a MAC. It should. It's all of the same empire.

Try Mozilla Firefox for a browser. All the real geeks use FF nowadays. IE is far better now because of the features it copied from it. I think FF has a port for MAC too.

Affirmative.

If FF won't run smoothly on your mac, use Camino. It's basically a firefox clone but mac-native.

*has one macbook, one ubuntubook*

I'm a pc, but that is mostly because I have never had a mac. My friend has a mac, though, and it REALLY confuses me! I'm just weird, I guess:p

I was raised entirely on PCs but everyone told me to get a Mac for college. I love it. Now using a pc is so strange.

MAC I have had one for just a year. although it takes soem getting used to , I love the features

two finger scroll :)
imovie :) what better to make gymnastics movies !!easy!!
right click is available easily

Several "computer" friends recommended MAC

TOTALLY MAC! I am on a macbook right now. Everyone at my middle school gets their own macbook. That's because I go to a private Christian school though.

re:

I think im more into PCs, but its laptops... not desktops... Im not so much into apple macbook.. That is really annoying...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back