Parents Madison got her shoot through last night:) and Emily update

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

After months and months of level 3 practice, she finally got her shoot through:)
She is really close to getting her stride circle now too:)
Madison's first level 3 meet is Dec 20th:) She has a long way to go on the routines but hey she is only 6:)

Emily is getting fabulous....
I seriously think she is going to have a great level 5 year. She is picking up level 6 and 7 and even 8 skills left and right. Back walkover on beam, back walkover, back walkover series on beam, backhandspring step out and back walkover, backhandspring stepout series on beam. Level 6 beam dismount, (fronthandspring stepout to front handspring to punch front series on tumble track) Front layout fulls off of tumble track. Punch fronts on floor, round off backhandspring back layout on floor. Bars we are still working on form breaks... bent knees in front hip, poor form in the jump to the high bar and whatnot... However, she did do 7 complete bar rountines with connections last night on her own during Madi's gymnastics practice. Plus she worked the first half and second half of the level 5 bar rountine for about another hour too. She amazes me when she goes to Madi's practices and works her own little butt off. She will also do conditioning on her own when she goes... I mean what kid wants to condition when she doesn't have to, lol... I hope this translates into great meets:) Emily's first meet is the weekend of Dec 6th and it is Judge's cup so big big meet. I am already nervous.
Emily will compete 10 meets this year and Madison will compete 4 meets:)

Yay Madi, that's a tough little skill, I bet she can't wait for her meets.

As for Emily that rocks, she is so driven it is impressive. You could always see the potential in her, and I guess that couples with her desire to improve is making her into one awesome little gymmie. She must be looking forward to a great year. What are her coaches planss for her long term, are they training her up to move past L6 quickly or is training up that far a normal part of gym for her?

great to hear from you, glad you still get here now and again.:)

Wow! Both your girls are doing wonderful! Awesome job to Madi for getting that skill and good luck to her on the stride circle:)

Emily just blew me away! All those skills will push her right up there with the higher levels. Keep on working at it!:)

Yay Madi!! That shoot thru is tricky. Hope the stride circle comes along quickly for her. :D

And WTG Emily! She is doing some amazing skills! Tell her she is awesome and that all her hard work and dedication is obviously paying off. :D Can't wait to see her L5 season. :D

Great job to both girls! I remember when I first came on here and saw a youtube of your DD Emily and thought "WOW" she is just too good for L4! She is so talented I am just not surprised that you said she is doing so well and learning so many new things. Can't wait to hear all about her L5 season and maybe onto L7? Does your gym do a L6 team?

Thanks ladies:)
Yes Emily's gym uptrains but they are pimping a lot of their level 5's to skip 6:)
we won't have our new leos before the first meet though:(:(
So we have to borrow a team leo from last year...
We are getting all new ones this year...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back