MAG WAG EF day 2 8am sunday

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

NIce medal for the Aussies, but I think she should've got 1st. Love that Ivvie got a medal. Can't wait for floor, I do not like PB at all.

I'm with you on PB. I am going to church however so I will most likely miss part of floor.

I also agree that Lauren's routine was deserving of gold, and am very pleased with Ivana's bronze.

Too bad for Jessica (Col). That first pass had so much height!

Horrific fall wsn't it, wish I hadn't sen it. Reminds me how challenging this sport is. Hope all is well with her.

I agree with the break idea. They got Jessica off the floor and then Becca immediately stepped on. Still put on a pretty good routine though.

Ugh I missed Porgras. I could hear the commentary, but the screen was completely blank. What a shame she's such a lovely gymnast to watch

She went OOB, leaps and turns lovely, but some sloppy form on twisting, and a weird knees together ankles apart thing on tuck position.

Beam Ivana got bronze, Lauren Mitchel AUS got silver, I think Deng Lin Lin CHI got gold, but can't be 100% on the last one.

Jessica was doing her second pass and crashed hard onto the top of her head on the final skill. She was visibly dazed and saheken, though was moving her limbs. She was eventually taken off on a backboard to the hospital where she is now awaiting tests, but is said to be doing fine and talking. Lets cross our collective fingers for her.

Bross had to go directly after her and I am sur that was very hard. She did an olay job, but wasn't as tight as we have seen her. She tied for 4th with Porgrass of ROM.

I loved the coverage, though my family think I have disowned them!! Have to crawl out of the office soon.

Beam Ivana got bronze, Lauren Mitchel AUS got silver, I think Deng Lin Lin CHI got gold, but can't be 100% on the last one.

Jessica was doing her second pass and crashed hard onto the top of her head on the final skill. She was visibly dazed and saheken, though was moving her limbs. She was eventually taken off on a backboard to the hospital where she is now awaiting tests, but is said to be doing fine and talking. Lets cross our collective fingers for her.

Bross had to go directly after her and I am sur that was very hard. She did an olay job, but wasn't as tight as we have seen her. She tied for 4th with Porgrass of ROM.

I loved the coverage, though my family think I have disowned them!! Have to crawl out of the office soon.

Thanks for the update Bog! That is so scary to hear about falls like that. I hope she is okay. For anyone having to go right after that had to be very hard to do. How can you not have that going through your head while you are about to go up.

I have to say, I am so excited for Beth to win! After that hugely disappointing qualifiers as well!

The good news from the hospital is that Jessicas x-rays were fine and here injury is thought to be not serious.
I'm just re-watching the all around on BBC iplayer now - I was there! And you might be able to see and here me - i'll let you know!

I think the number of exclamation marks tell you just how excited I still am!

Beth really did a fabulous floor routine and she totally deserved the gold, lovely that it was on home turf and she had the crowd cheering for her.

Let me know if you find yourself on tape, a moment of Warhilian fame is always good.

Thanks for the update on Jessica.

i went to go see this today it was so horrifing when jessica(COLUMBIA) fell, but beth won floor YAY and also jessica did not fall on her head she landed on her kneck and they took her to hospital straight away but she is getting better

No, she landed on the top of her head, you can clearly see it, unfortunately, it was horrific. You could see coming out of the previous skill that she would not be able to finish the skill. It is on youtube, but I would advise against watching as it is not pretty at all. So glad she is fine.

I personally thought Lauren had the better routine, but congratulations to Beth for winning gold at home after a disappointing preliminary competition.

I think what cost Lauren the gold was that large step on the dismount and her shoddy switch ring. It really needs to go, it was never great and has only gotten worse with her growth. Same for Ivana. They would have scored much higher if they would not have gone for their switch rings as neither got credit, only deductions.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back