Make it or Break it

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

So very true! Acting is probably the hardest part of my major at school. Singing? Dancing? Nothing compared to the work of my acting class. But I do love it... I'm so very lucky to be able to go to a performing arts school like that where musical theater is half of my day! :D

I'm really excited for this show. I'm just hoping it doesn't go too overboard with the drama. :)

I dont actually go to a performing arts school, but next to sports acting and drama is one of the hardest classes i've taken, but its also a lot of fun!

I am really excited to see how this show turns out. hopefully it doesnt put the wrong impression on people, we dont want them to think gymanstics is all abou drama, like some gymnastics movies i've seen. ;)

I dont actually go to a performing arts school, but next to sports acting and drama is one of the hardest classes i've taken, but its also a lot of fun!

Yeah it really is! I have an awesome teacher too, so that definitely helps. I think that the difficulty is part of what makes it fun. There's always a new challenge, a new way to look at things. :)

Sorry, slightly OT there. :p

* the leotards well they are nice but I don't think I've ever seen a team compete all in different Leos - maybe somewhere in the country this happens but I've never seen it in my area. If they are a team i would think they would have all the same leos AND they would be skin tight. Some of the ones we see are a bit saggy and ill fitting no gym I know of has team uniforms that are saggy in anyway.

I guess someone forgot to tell them how expensive competition leo's are. Kid's grow, leotards stretch. Not sure I've seen anyone buy a new one until the entire team is required to change.

Sounds like Beverly Hills 9.0210 is going to be on the do not watch list. Come to think of it, our cable has been on the fritz and I haven't missed watching TV at all. Might be time to just get ris of the TV, it's summer and there's plenty of productive things to do.

My girls and I will be watching the show--at least initially to see what it's like. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it somewhat accurately represents gymnastics.

We will too and if it is just plain dumb I won't watch again. There are some shows that look great and are terrible to watch. Can't wait for Secret Life though!

I think most of us would agree a show about our lives would not be watched by many, if any at all. I live in the car, she lives at the gym. Aside from her being a booger now and then, BORING!!

Can't wait to see what it looks like tomorrow night.

thanks for your messages and questions! Kayleigh, one of the main characters in our show has your name, though she spells it differently. you're a gymnast who studies acting? we could use you when you're done with school!

i will find out what the canadian story is. i assume some channels in canada will have the show, others have to buy the show. i actually met a canadian buyer at our foreign "up fronts" , he seemed like a great guy and said he was buying the show for canada, so fingers crossed!

to answer the question about drama - well, the kind of show we are is a one hour drama. so it will be dramatic. many things will go on in our show that will not happen at your gym (or i hope they wont!) but i think many things will be real to you as well. our main set is the gym, our girls main quest is their quest for olympic greatness. dispite what goes on in their families and other relationships, that will remain front and center.

regarding "drama" - i think there is a fear that we might have drama that reflects poorly on the sport. let me tell you again, that is so far from our intention. we love the sport and we celebrate it. however, when you make a television drama, there is only so much it will ever be like what a situation is "exactly" like. one of my best friends is a resident at a major hospital, and "gray's anatomy" is much, much more dramatic than their experience. yet, they see their experience in that show. just because a lot of very dramatic stuff goes on in that show, no one thinks badly of residents or interns at real hospitals, if that makes sense. in fact, applications for residencies spiked after grays, just like applications for the ER spiked after that show, and law school admissions spiked when LA LAW was on the air - none of which were "real" in many ways.

and if they made a show exactly like their real experience of being hospital residents, frankly, not so many would watch it, because thats not really what television dramas do.

so newyorkgymfan, i think you're exactly right. you guys will see some things that are not accurate to you, (although with lots of the details we're getting better wtih every episode, and i hope you hang with us). but the ways that our show IS more fun and dramatic than the average gym is also the ways i think we will hook more people into the sport of gymnastics, which we truly hope to do. having said that, i've talked to enough gymnasts since starting this project to come to think that many gyms do have plenty of drama!

thanks again for the questions! we really appreciate your interest. all the best, holly sorensen

I am planning on watching the show just to see what it is all about and will probably end up watching the whole season.

I think its hilarious that the number one complaint is that the actress' don't look like gymnasts, and how the one girl hits the board before they cut out, and how we have all analyzed how the one girl hits the board before the preview ends. oh the way gymnasts are all similar.

I have a feeling its going to drive most of us insane because there will be many intricate details missing.

BUT my biggest concern is that it's going to label gymnasts as nasty, It seems just plain mean at times and I'm afraid its not going to give the sport a good reputation.

My DD & I are planning on watching it & keeping an open mind. Working in the medical profession I can tell you that there are MANY medical shows that make me crazy. So many inaccuracies or story lines all involving doctors & nurses dating, etc. I can tell they try to make it somewhat realistic(in the medical scenes), but working in a hospital is seriously not like what they depict on Grey's Anatomy, LOL!!! We all have to remember it's fiction, not a reality show. So try not hold them to too high of a standard(as far as actors body type, skill technique or leos). I do hope that they try to show the positives of the sport, as that is something I feel strongly about:). I do think it's nice that someone has even tried to make a show about the sport we all love! I think we should try to be supportive of it. Maybe give helpful suggestions for storylines that would show our sport in a positive light.:D

I am looking forward to it. I do wish it were only a half hour long though. I have to be to work by 5:45am on Tuesdays, so I've been going to bed around 8. 8:30 I could handle. We'll have to see about 9.

My DD and I will be watching. She is very excited to finallyl see a show
about gymnastics! Hope it takes off! Every show I enjoy watching gets
cancelled. :(

Hubby has to record the show tonight for DD and I to watch. Just got the notice that her Beam routine is being Choreographed tonight and we probably won't be back in time to see the begining.

DD is looking forward to seeing it.

Has anyone heard of the new tv show/movie on ABC Family called Make it or Break it!? I know it's about gymnasts and their gym life! and it's starting on June 22. Does anyone else know more about it? I can't wait to see itt!!
I've heard of it! I CANT WAIT to see it tonight...and every Monday night. I absolutly LOVE gymnastics :)

Please relpy to this!!!!!!!!

heeeey ya'll.
I am a Canadian and I am super excited to watch this show! I know it looks kindof lame but I think its cool how gymnasts finnaly get some credit!
I was kindof dissapointed when I went to my PVR box and noticed that on the Canadian 'link' to ABC didnt show make it or break it :( I really want to see this in Canada. Does anybody know how I can get this on TV tonight???

CAN I WATCH THE SHOW IN CANADA TONIGHT?
A relpy would be most appriciated <3
xoxo
Happy Gymnastics - ing :)
- cheerleader :)

heeeey ya'll.
I am a Canadian and I am super excited to watch this show! I know it looks kindof lame but I think its cool how gymnasts finnaly get some credit!
I was kindof dissapointed when I went to my PVR box and noticed that on the Canadian 'link' to ABC didnt show make it or break it :( I really want to see this in Canada. Does anybody know how I can get this on TV tonight???

xoxo

Yes you can, I am in Quebec and it is on here, sadly I have to go out though!

heeeey ya'll.

xoxo

I'm in Canada too and when i search for it on my TV/PVR it doesn't show up either?
So it's only playing on ABC family, and not on the normal ABC?...cause i don't think i have ABC family. hmmm
So if anyone else has an answer for us non-Quebec Canadians it'll be greatly appreciated :)

Yeah it really is! I have an awesome teacher too, so that definitely helps. I think that the difficulty is part of what makes it fun. There's always a new challenge, a new way to look at things. :)

Sorry, slightly OT there. :p

I totally agree, my teacher is all about challenging you and finding out what more you can do and he makes it fun, which i love about it/him. Sometimes it totally changes my perspective on things. :)

I'm in Canada too and when i search for it on my TV/PVR it doesn't show up either?
So it's only playing on ABC family, and not on the normal ABC?...cause i don't think i have ABC family. hmmm
So if anyone else has an answer for us non-Quebec Canadians it'll be greatly appreciated :)
I'm in the states, but I didn't know what channel was "abc family" for my cable provider. So I went to the cable providers website & did a search on "make it or break it" there. That's how I found which channel to watch it on tonight. Hope this works for you!

Do what every other "honest" Canadian does.Get an American dish and watch it.

So here's what I think.

As a tv show, it's pretty much your average teen drama. Also my new guilty pleasure (Secret Life is obviously the other one lol)

As a show for gymnasts, it clearly lacks accuracy. You wouldn't even be thinking about the Olympics any time in the near future if your vault was a tucked yurchenko and your beam dismount was a roundoff to a back pike. It's just a fact, as I think most of us know.

I will keep watching, but certainly not for the gymnastics aspect. They're acting like these girls are elites, but really they'd be what...level 9s at a club like that?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back