Male gymnasts were awesome!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

KCHAMP

Proud Parent
I just have to say that the male gymnasts at this meet were extremely gracious. These guys are my sons heroes and were all very happy to sign shirts and take pictures - including outside of the autograph lines.

The biggest disappoint was the lack of boys souvenirs and that the handstand contest during both mens senior events was ALL girls (maybe 1 boy out of probably 50). There were plenty of boys there to choose from to encourage them in the sport.

LOL, the one boy was mine! You know how they did it? Some dude came down the stairs and said, "who wants to do a HS contest?" Since my two gymmies would say yes to that quicker than an offer of ice cream, they both got in. Were all the other boys asleep at the switch? Perhaps not primed because they hadn't been at the earlier finals? I don't know.

But agreed on how nice the guys were -- DS got his old comp jacket signed by 4 out of the 5 recent Olympians and several other national team members. And to repeat what I've already said today, GK and USAG really are breathtakingly stupid to have missed out on the opportunity to make money off of me and lots of other parents.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back