Marketing for a new gym

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

rocky

Coach
Hi,

I am looking at opening a new gym and am just thinking about what sort of marketing to do. I was just wondering what sort of response (ie how many people have responded, and for what programs) other gyms have had to various forms of marketing that they have done? I know the response could vary depending on the location, demographics etc, but I thought it would be good to get an idea about what others have experienced. So if anyone has any figures for this it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Best of luck opening your gym! I think word of mouth is sometimes the best advertising! BUT....maybe an open house would be a good idea. Low cost for you! If you have anything like a craigslist in australia that may be a good place to advertise your event without alot of cost also?

see if the local papers will do a feature on the opening? If not, pay for an advert. What about local radio station? Have a grand opening with fun sessions to bring people in.

can you get a flyer printed that will go into any free papers that your catchment area gets?

see if local schools will give out the flyer to all children to take home?

Maybe include 'competition' to win a couple of free sessions - they have to fill in email address to enter so you start gathering data to send out email marketing 'newsletter' in future.

No only schools, but daycare centers. The daycare center where dd went when she was 3 had an arrangement with the local gym (no idea what finances were involved) to bring in mats twice a week for a couple of hours and teach basic stuff to the kids. They passed out flyers to the kids, dd brought one home and asked if she could go the next Satuday morning, and now 15 years later I am poorer by $75,000.

Good luck!

The Following tools are helpful in general.
1.Online website
2.Direct mail
3.Telephonic calls
4. Pamphlets
5. Advertisement in the newspaper.

Hi,

I am looking at opening a new gym and am just thinking about what sort of marketing to do. I was just wondering what sort of response (ie how many people have responded, and for what programs) other gyms have had to various forms of marketing that they have done? I know the response could vary depending on the location, demographics etc, but I thought it would be good to get an idea about what others have experienced. So if anyone has any figures for this it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

What is your budget?

Marketing can be very labor intensive if you do not have lots of money to spend.

The cheapest way to gain new clients is by doing demonstrations at public events and hosting events for groups (field trips and birthdays). Free events, such as open houses, are also good...but you have to get people to show up.

I am in the field of marketing. Get were the customers are. Just see some local events and promote your gym. After that you need to go online in your area. Google local is the best place for that. Facebook advertising also helps.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back