Mason Dixon Meet #2 Update and Video

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Dani had her 2nd meet of the season and she did well :). Scores were a little lower than the last meet, but all in all it was a strong meet for Dani.

First up was floor. Coach put a few changes in to fulfill some dance leap series requirements, and the routine flows very nicely. She's such a little performer!
Score 7.80

Vault was next. She had some problems in the warm-ups balking on every attempt. She eventually made it over on one attempt and had a strong first vault. Balked on the 2nd one.
Score 8.70 - 9th place

Bars was solid. A few form deductions and it was hard to see from my angle of recording but, good routine overall.
Score 8.40 - 7th place

Beam was last. It seems like everyone was falling off the beam today. Dani fell on her handstand and them had a major balance check on her cartwheel (I still have NO IDEA how she stayed on the beam after that!!) and a few bobbles but nice routine!!
Score 9.05 - 1st place :cool:

AA was a 33.95 for 7th place. There were 24 girls in her age group division all together. It was a really fun meet and weekend for the girls since it was a local meet and we were able to go on Saturday and support the teammates who competed earlier. Some of the girls came for Dani's session too to cheer her session on. We have a close-knit team and the girls really care about each other and support each other through thick and thin--I LOVE that about our gym :). And of course, seeing Dani's big bright smile throughout the whole meet is always heart-warming and uplifting for me. She has so much fun no matter what scores she gets or how she finishes, she just loves doing her thing.

[video=youtube;5E3kQjPh_dE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5E3kQjPh_dE[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:
Great job Dani! She really is a great performer on floor. I hope she gets that bhs soon. Unbelievable save on beam too! Congratulations on first place on beam!

A joy to watch! It is obvious from her routines that she loves what she does. I loved her dance in floor routine.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back