Parents Mckayla maroney Instagram

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I try not to worry about it too much. Dd is not on Instagram, much to her chagrin. She is not 13. I do not understand why all her 4th grade classmates seem to be. What kind of message are WE sending to our kids if we knowingly allow them to lie about their age and use an app they are not old enough for.

To put things in perspective, do a google image search for Danell Leyva.

By any objective measurement, what you'll find is far more racy than anything on Maroney's instagram, yet I've never heard anybody say that he's setting a poor example for kids who look up to him.

Last edited:
Ooh never looked, should I? :D

I would never have looked at McKayla's photos if this thread hadn't popped up. Frankly I do not follow any gymnasts on twitter or Instagram, I hate both social networks. She can do whatever she likes as an adult. I just do not have to think it is "cool" or whatever.

I just think it is a hard medium to manage when so much of it is in your face all the time. We live in an ego driven world for sure.

The "selfie" culture sucks.

Oh and just to add, I do have two teenage daughters. That often changes the way you look at things.

I am also not thinking about the example she sets, just more of how I think people want to be perceived in social media.

Well the people on the comments are out of line in my opinion .. As far as the pics go .. Some I thought were a bit " sexy " but I guess that's teenage girls I guess . Oh and I agree she is a very pretty girl .

Sent from my iPad using ChalkBucket

Well the people on the comments are out of line in my opinion .. As far as the pics go .. Some I thought were a bit " sexy " but I guess that's teenage girls I guess . Oh and I agree she is a very pretty girl .

By the way that is not "teenage girls". That is some teenage girls.

Taught well they get that what they post on the internet is there forever.

I told mine "If you wouldn't send it to grandpa, then do not put it online".

I was reading some .. & I was thinking ,, do they not realize this a young girl they are talking so nasty about ? Sheesh

I was reading some .. & I was thinking ,, do they not realize this a young girl they are talking so nasty about ? Sheesh

She isn't a young girl, she is a woman, a grown up with the right to vote etc etc. She just is like many teenagers, and has no filter about what is okay to put on the internet.

I have never even gone on instagram. :oops: I do know that my son is apparently the only kid on his team of 7 that doesn't have instagram and he is starting to complain about it. I told him that he is only 9, that most of the boys are older. He pointed out that one of them is only 8 and he has it. I went with, "the rules say 13. You know me. I'm a stickler for the rules. Sorry." I do find it totally shocking how many young kids are on these things!!!

Mine has the disadvantage of being the daughter of a high school teacher. So when she tells me that SnapChat or Kik or whatever the app du jour is isn't "bad", I already know all about that app. I don't even know why she even pulls that "everyone else's mother" crap. I've never given a rip about everyone else's mother.

I agree that MM can do whatever she wants as she is an adult. And no, the pics she posts aren't as bad as some I've seen. But it makes me sad a bit that so many girls equal being a grown up to being half naked. It would be so refreshing if "leaving something to the imagination" would become popular. And now that I've become my mother.......

I don't see anything particularly concerning, not sure what those videos are about, a bit silly, but maybe there was some inside joke.

She has many of them stylized to look like popular advertisements, but they aren't really that revealing.

i don't know what any of that stuff is...but i do know that the world has gone to hell in a technological hand basket. :)

People have been saying this for many generations, and yet we seem not to have arrived in hell yet.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back