Parents Meet anxiety - me, not her!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I don't know if this will help, but I've stopped watching warm ups and it makes me a lot more relaxed. It's funny because sometimes other parents will say something like "that was great how your ds hit floor after falling every time in warmups," and I respond "oh did he fall in warmups, I didn't realize that."

That's a good idea. I don't know if I could make myself do it or not, but it would probably help me. Kathy misses her squat-on A LOT in practice and in warm ups, but she has not (knock on chalk) missed it in competition since... I think the 2nd meet (and she scratched bars at the first meet, so she only missed it at 1 out of 7). I probably could have saved myself a lot of agrivation if I hadn't watched the warm-ups. Then there's the times when I notice that she hasn't tried something in warm-ups ("What do you mean it's time to start competing beam??? She hasn't done her cartwheel yet!!!) and that stresses me out too. However, last week at sectionals the warm-ups were done in a different room so I didn't get to see them and I was still REALLY nervous.

I haven't gotten nervous at DD's meets yet. I guess because she has such an easy going nature that really is calming. I do however stress SO much at DS wrestling competitions. I never thought that I would because even though he has been wrestling since he was 5 (12 yo now) I still do not 'get' the sport. He will leave for state comp. tomorrow and because of work, I won't be going. I am beginning to feel the nerves coming up already. With him, I believe it's his extreme passion for the sport that makes his world spin that causes him to really feel the let down when he doesn't win. As parents, we just want our little ones to feel good about themselves. But there comes a time where we have to realize that win or loose all experiences help to make them 'who' they are. Yet I'm still stressing!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back