WAG Meet Director pay?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

kikigym

Proud Parent
Just curious from others what the going rate is.... we have been paying a percentage of profits (12%) which works out to be close to $4000 for a three-day, nine session compulsory meet with about 600 athletes. Our meet director has been in-house, but it looks like we may have to hire out for next year. Wondering if there is an industry standard. Thanks!

Same as pp - our meet director(s) are team parents. This includes for us hosting our L8 state meet.

We then have committees to handle everything else meet-related: awards, concessions, judges food, coaches food, decorations, setup & teardown, etc.

Just curious from others what the going rate is.... we have been paying a percentage of profits (12%) which works out to be close to $4000 for a three-day, nine session compulsory meet with about 600 athletes. Our meet director has been in-house, but it looks like we may have to hire out for next year. Wondering if there is an industry standard. Thanks!

What do you mean by meet director? Are they going to do everything?

Goodness! We have committees for all that stuff too, but no one is interested in doing the meet directing for free. I am really impressed.... wish I could get someone to step up for that! I have called around and the going rate seems to be around $5 per gymnast. Our in-house person has done more than what they are offering (design and order medals, get gymnast gifts, coordinate equipment rental, help organize event volunteers and march-in, etc...) so it isn't a true comparison. And just to clarify, what we mean by meet director is registration of gymnasts, organizing sessions, getting scoring equipment, anything to do with the actual competition.

I'm a meet director, for two meets a year. I put in 150-170 hours, there are three meet directors, who each do about the same hours, plus a huge team of people behind us.

One meet runs three days with approx 350 athletes. The other is the biggest invitational in Canada, four days, 1100 athletes.

NO ONE gets paid. Everyone is a volunteer.

To quote Dunno - YIKES!!!

$4000 to run a meet? Where do I sign up? Now I know you will pay that much when bringing in one of the companies to run a meet, but you get a ton for that amount of money. But, a meet hosted by a club or even the State - never seen that kind of money.

I run big meets both for our club and the State; all as a volunteer. One year my USAG membership was paid, but since then I have paid that plus background checks all myself.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back