WAG Meet Director Pay

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymjunkie

Coach
Proud Parent
Judge
I know they don't always get paid, but in the case of a gym without a meet director of their own who is paying someone to act as meet director for their meet, what would they typically pay?

I am always amazed how much money goes into gymnastics in the US. Meet entry here is maximum 25 Euros per gymnast. Normal is about 4 to 15 Euros. Meet director payment? - Volunteers, if there is some then it's 15 Euros per subdivision (also our judges do get 15 Euros per subdivision). I haven't even started about the monthly fees for training... Nothing in comparison.

Well, it depends on what you are going to have that meet director do. It can range from all of the prep work before the meet to just showing up at the meet and “running the meet”. Just to show up - maybe $30 an hour. To do all of the prep work and run the meet - easily a couple of thousand $’s, maybe more. All of this would obviously depend on the size of the meet and the number of gymnasts.

Good Luck.

I am always amazed how much money goes into gymnastics in the US. Meet entry here is maximum 25 Euros per gymnast. Normal is about 4 to 15 Euros. Meet director payment? - Volunteers, if there is some then it's 15 Euros per subdivision (also our judges do get 15 Euros per subdivision). I haven't even started about the monthly fees for training... Nothing in comparison.
Meet directors here have to take a test and be certified. There is tons of legwork and organizing and regulations they have to take care of. There is hours and hours and weeks of work put into the meet before it even begins. That’s why they get paid that much.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back