Meet Nerves!?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

So, tomorrow is my state meet, and this isn't my first competition season, but I'm EXTREMELY nervous. It has been this way the past few competitions, too. I'm very nervous before the meet, and then while I'm standing at any event before the judges salute at me, I'm shaking and feel like I have to throw up! Obviously, this hinders my performance a lot, so I never compete nearly as well as I practice. I know being nervous is pretty normal, but do any of you know how to ease my nerves a little? I really don't want my nerves to get in the way of doing well at my state meet!

1. Really nobody cares about what you do, remember that. The world won't be destroyed if you mess up

2. Visualize your routine right when you will go. Imagine you doing it perfectly

3. Talk yourself through the routine, like with critiques from your coaches.

4. On beam and floor you can focus on facials a bit more than nerves

5. Don't psyche yourself out

It really is a mental game, don't make it a big of a deal. If you do, it will be a big deal

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes!

1. Really nobody cares about what you do, remember that. The world won't be destroyed if you mess up

2. Visualize your routine right when you will go. Imagine you doing it perfectly

3. Talk yourself through the routine, like with critiques from your coaches.

4. On beam and floor you can focus on facials a bit more than nerves

5. Don't psyche yourself out

It really is a mental game, don't make it a big of a deal. If you do, it will be a big deal

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes!

Thanks Jard! I'll use those tips :). Especially on beam!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back