Parents Meet Report and Guess the scores!! Missouri Winter Games

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

AlexsGymmyMom

Proud Parent
Alex had a great meet this past Friday. Start time was 3:00. Very large venue with alot of seating. There was room to set up my video camera to finally get a good (non shaky) video for a change. Plus I brought my husbands DSLR camera and one of the other parents adjusted the settings for me so I did manage to get a few really good pictures as well!! That alone makes this meet a success!!

First up was vault: Best vaults I have seen her do all season!!

Then bars: Her strongest event and she rocked it like ususal!!

Beam: not her favorite but she nailed her cartwheel like never before!

Last was floor: I did kindof mess up the video, the far corner is not visable but her routine overall looked solid!!

YouTube - Missouri Winter Games 2011 Level 5 Gymnastics

Thanks for watching and I will post her scores later today!!

I will play! Although I really know nothing about scores, lol!

I will guess:
Vault: 9.2
Bars: 9.6
Beam: 9.45
Floor: 9.5

She did great and her form is beautiful! I'm sure you are a proud mommy!

I am really bad with scores, but I think she did great! It was so nice to see her perform, she is beautiful! She has lovely long lines and her floor was really pretty. Loved her bars and vault, too. Way to go for sticking that cartwheel, it was beautiful!

I always seem to judge tougher because of how judging is here, so here is my take. I gave ranges as I am really not good with scores.

Vault- 8.7-9.1
Bars- 9.0+
Beam- 8.5-8.9
Floor- 8.8-9.2

your DD looked really good. She has nice long lines.
I am NOT good at guessing the scores, but I will give it a try
vault 9.0
bars 8.65
beam 8.75
floor 8.7

Not even trying to guess, but just wanted to say she did an awesome job, and was absolutely beautiful. She really IS strong on bars!

Great meet! She has really nice lines.

Here's what I get for scores:
V. 9.0
UB 9.1
BB 8.6
FX 8.9

Awesome job! I'm not very good with scores either and they differ so much around the country. I'd guess about what Sharks3376 guessed. Definitely a 9 plus on bars. She has really nice bars!

Vt 8.7
Bars 9.25
Beam 8.75
Floor 8.85

Heh heh...let's see how good a "judge" I am. I am terrible at guessing scores! She is gorgeous on bars. She reminds me a lot of my daughter (oh, but yours has a MUCH better vault LOL). Her kicks and extensions are beeeeeautiful! Her cartwheel was rock solid! Not a bobble, not even a hair out of place! She did a great job, congrats to her!

Ok Here is how it went down!!!

Vault - 8.15
Bars - 9.15
Beam - 8.55
Floor - 8.6

Her AA was 34.45 which is her 2nd highest of the season!

Thanks everyone for playing along. I was most curious about her vault score. I chalk it up to her being the very first vaulter of the meet but I am with everyone else that it looked much better than her score reflected! Oh well, I still have yet to figure out vault scoring. Maybe I will ask the judges here on the CB what it is I am not seeing!!

Ok Here is how it went down!!!

Vault - 8.15
Bars - 9.15
Beam - 8.55
Floor - 8.6

Her AA was 34.45 which is her 2nd highest of the season!

Thanks everyone for playing along. I was most curious about her vault score. I chalk it up to her being the very first vaulter of the meet but I am with everyone else that it looked much better than her score reflected! Oh well, I still have yet to figure out vault scoring. Maybe I will ask the judges here on the CB what it is I am not seeing!!

I think that 8.15 is nutty. Her arms were a little bent but she had such nice "pop". Although, my DD would kill for an 8.15. Her highest has been 7.9. Did I ever mention that I hate L5 vault? ;)

Great bars routine! Very smooth. Also thought she did well on the vault. As for beam, she really hung on there, didn't she? I thought she also did a nice job on floor as well. Congrats to her for having a solid meet!

I dont have a clue how to judge anything..so i wouldnt even try if you hadnt posted already..lol. Just wanted to say she is a wonderful gymanast. I loved watching her video. Very beautiful form and lines.

An 8.15 on vault? I really don't know much about vault though. It just goes too fast; however, I thought her vault looked lots better than my dd's who has been in the low 8's all season. I would have said at least an 8.75. Hmm. I was going to say 9.15 on bars, 8.7 on beam and 8.85 for floor, so I wasn't too far off. I loved your dd's bar routine. So pretty!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back