Parents Meet Report District Championship

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Congrats to your dd on a fantastic meet! My dd has her first level 6 meet this weekend. She'll be excited just to hit all her skills!:) Those scores would send her over the moon!

Those has being her highest score ever in any event or level, she has won beam in almost every meet this season, so she was disappointing of a 3rd place (lowest so far this season). She works really hard in polishing that routine and has practically no wobble at all during it. Here in Texas a handful of gymnasts will have those high scores on beam, very competitive down here.

We went to a meet in Texas when my oldest was a level 7--vaults that got a 9.2/9.3 here were getting 9.8s there. I never understood how judging can be so much different in different states!

We went to a meet in Texas when my oldest was a level 7--vaults that got a 9.2/9.3 here were getting 9.8s there. I never understood how judging can be so much different in different states!

You are right Invitationals have higher scores than usual.

Last edited:
I tried the link to facebook, too, but it doesn't work. I have an account and logged in but it didn't open the videos. Honestly, I'd love to show them to my dd so she knows what they're 'supposed' to look like! ;)

Congratulations!!! Those are some phenomenal scores! I've heard that level 6 in our region (r5) won't be seeing those scores. I'm glad to see that those scores do exist for level 6! Sounds like she had an absolutely fabulous meet, I can't wait to hear how State goes. I'm sure she'll rock States!

i sure would love to see her videos - and show our level 6 gymmie!!
even tho I have a facebook acct, the link you gave didn't lead to you DD videos

I know I've mentioned this before, but after looking around for a good quality well run hosting site, I finally decided on using Vimeo for Elizabeth's meet videos. The site has all the same features as Youtube and is pretty much low traffic. I've been using it for a year and the only people watching Izzy's meet videos are from the Chalkbucket and family. Here's a link for anyone interested. Vimeo, Video Sharing For You.

I should also mention that after my personal computer crashed, I lost all of my home videos. I was able to download everything I had hosted on vimeo in the same quality as the originals and was really grateful to have been able to preserve all those memories

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, congrats on an awesome meet! Her scores were incredible. Sounds like you have a super talented gymnast. Best of Luck at State!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back