Parents Meet Report - Magical Classic

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

M

Midget's Dad

Well it was a fun experience but was a bit of a roller coaster ride.

We had an 8AM call time on Friday morning. So of course we were running a bit late. I dropped the girls off right at the hall they were in (Orange County Convention Center is HUGE!!) and went to park only to realize the video camera was back at the hotel. So I flew back to get it, got back to the convention center, and then ran like a mile to get from parking to the convention hall. I mean really that place is massive!

All to discover they were in the second flight and the meet was starting late anyway. LOL

So up first was beam. I thought it was really solid except for the turn and she didn't hold her handstand on the dismount.

On to floor. First off big mistake there as they played last years music and our coach did not catch it. I did and was trying to get her coaches attention but she never saw me. Midget just tried her best but she got lost after doing her kickover and started to do it again. Not a happy fun time as Midget was really upset, and so were the parents. Every girl went to the wrong music.

Vault next. Her run has gotten so much better. In fact now she is running so well she has too much power and has a hard time coming up from the roll as her feet tend to slide. But still doing the dive roll rather than a handstand roll.

Bars finally. She has gotten so much better on bars. Her mill was great though she came around so fast that when she stopped she had to bend her legs to keep from going around.

Scores were pretty good, though a little lower than I expected. but that was true for most of the girls I saw. So I would say it was consistent.

Beam: 8.6 (3rd place)
Floor: 8.125 (9th place)
Vault: 7.350 (7th place)
Bars: 8.3 (3rd place)

AA: 32.375 (6th place)

And her team came in 3rd! They were ecstatic because the 3rd place trophy was a Snow White statue. I think they liked the princess better than the 1st place Mickey statue to be honest.

bella-s-dad-albums-midget-pics-picture2640-girls-their-3rd-place-trophy-magical-classic.jpg
\

Video to follow. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Great story, a real shame about the music, I wondered if that would happen to anyone this year with both pieces being out there. Too bad for midget as that is very disorienting.

Still some nice scores and placements, I love that team trophy, makes a nice change from all those shiny things.

Hope you had fun in Florida.

Congrats to her! She did great. Love the team trophy. I am sure they loved that!

We had some mishaps with the music this year, but all the girls did okay and just kept going. I saw several girls that were older just stand there and not do anything until coach realized and then they started over with the correct music.

Looks like so much fun!!:D

Bummer about the music...it is so not cool when that happens, especially to little ones. I think she did GREAT anyway and you and she should be very proud!

Congrats on a good meet, what a neat trophy! Drats on the music! :(

Too bad about the music but she did great! I think it's cute that they got the Snow White trophy! Sounds like a fun meet!

Hat an awesome trophy !!! Sorry to hear about the music, how frustrating !! I still think she did well and it sounds like it was a fun trip !!

Congrats to your dd and her team! How did the coach not catch the music mistake after the FIRST girl????? That's so frustrating!

We had pre-registered for this meet, but did not end up going :(

despite the music snafu, it seems like everyone had a fun time. How can you not in Orlando? The trophy is neat, looking forward to seeing the video...

Nice meet report dad...:D:D

Sean

Oh My! Why didn't any of the girls say something?!

Looking forward to the video and LOVE the princess statue - that is a way cool idea!

I am not sure why. I think confusion. All of them are very young.

Midget and I talked about it and she knows how to handle it if it ever happens again.

Sounds like a fun meet. LOVE the team trophy. I so wish we would tavel like they used to. Sorry to hear about the music. Tough when grown ups make mistakes and they are so young.

What a fiasco with the video camera, the start time, and the music. Whew! (I can relate to the running-around-at-a-huge-building-before-a-meet thing. Last year, dd had a meet at a huge convention center with many entrances. We parked far away--the only spots available, went to the wrong doors, and were mostly to the correct doors when I realized that our 3 yo's shoe was missing--I'd been holding her throughout our marathon quick-run. Everyone else proceeded to the meet; I went back to get her shoe. Ugh.)

Anyway, despite the mishaps, your dd did a great job! Good for her. I think it's impressive that she even kept going at all on floor at such a young age when the music was messed up.

Good for her! And I'm surprised the coaches never noticed the wrong music!

Congrats on a good meet. I heard the scoring at that meet was very tough at some levels.

The music thing is a drag but I rememebr last time they changed music same thing happened that 1 year. It is always a good teaching time for coaches to teach kids if the music is wrong walk off. there is so many elusive details you just dont know untill it happens to you.

Great trophy for a group of little girls. hats off to your dd doing so well

We did that meet a few years ago and loved it! I had a similar experience with the parking, Beetle left something in the car and I had to hike a mile and a half all the way back!

Congrats to your DD on a great meet.. too bad about the music.. but Kudos to them to know that the show must go on!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back