WAG Meet results and brag....

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

DND

Proud Parent
After my lost post where DD had been at her Provincial meet practice at the venue and did a dismount onto her head; everything turned around and she did great.

She was nervous going in, but the event order let her move on and it was a great day.

1st event Bars: DD looked pretty nervous and did not have her best routine - did not quite hit handstand and one step on the landing. Score 13.17 and good enough for 1st place.

2nd event Beam: I was the nervous wreck, but DD held together pretty good. Had an hesitation on her press to handstand and was so arched I thought she was a goner. She held it and carried on and apparently stuck everything else including her BHS BHS and the dreaded BHS BLO dismount. I have to admit I hid and looked away as I just could not watch. Score 11.90 - 2nd Place

3rd event Floor: She was so happy about sticking beam she had a smile on her face through most over her routine. Stuck her tumbling much better than all of the year and improved from her usual 11.4 range. Score 12.90 - 1st Place

4th event Vault: Another record personal best!! Previous best was 11.85 and scored a 13.40 - 1st Place

She won the first overall spot with an all time PB of 51.37 going into the Western Canadian Championships at the end of the month.

My proudest moment was even though she was so happy she thought it was sad as the group is small only four girls in total and they only gave out awards to the top 3. She figured they should at least give it out for all 4 competitors as they all get to make the team. She to tell the girl who only got one medal that she thought she did great and how she can't wait to compete together at Westerns!!

Thanks everyone for the well wishes....they sure helped!

Here is my attempt at her video, but you will have to excuse vault...

Manitoba Open Pre-Novice Aspire 2013 - YouTube

Great job! Loved the video...interesting to see routines/skill-sets from other countries. Good luck at Westerns!

DD and I enjoyed watching the video together. Very interesting that beam and floor were pretty close to our "level 8" (what DD will be training a week from now) but vault and bars are so totally different. I told DD I thought she should shoot for getting a 51.37 at States next weekend and she said, "Um, right, Mom. That's kind of impossible." Ah, well. A mom can dream, can't she? ;)

She looked fabulous, lovely routines and she shines when she smiles. Where is Westerns this year?

We are lucky as they are here! Less expenses for Mom and seeing as this will be competition #4 for her lifetime I think getting to sleep in your own bed will be helpful!

So glad DD was OK after her fall and able to compete. She looked lovely and I wish her well for Westerns!

We are lucky as they are here! Less expenses for Mom and seeing as this will be competition #4 for her lifetime I think getting to sleep in your own bed will be helpful!
Well that is wonderful. Some home ice advantage for a change. I looked at the most recent Quebec meet at her level. It had over 40 girls and she still would have placed 2nd AA. I think it is hard for you to understand how strong she is in her level as she only ever sees a few girls. The girl who came first AA at the meet I looked at was at Gymnix too. Westerns will be great for her.

After my lost post where DD had been at her Provincial meet practice at the venue and did a dismount onto her head; everything turned around and she did great.

She was nervous going in, but the event order let her move on and it was a great day.

1st event Bars: DD looked pretty nervous and did not have her best routine - did not quite hit handstand and one step on the landing. Score 13.17 and good enough for 1st place.

2nd event Beam: I was the nervous wreck, but DD held together pretty good. Had an hesitation on her press to handstand and was so arched I thought she was a goner. She held it and carried on and apparently stuck everything else including her BHS BHS and the dreaded BHS BLO dismount. I have to admit I hid and looked away as I just could not watch. Score 11.90 - 2nd Place

3rd event Floor: She was so happy about sticking beam she had a smile on her face through most over her routine. Stuck her tumbling much better than all of the year and improved from her usual 11.4 range. Score 12.90 - 1st Place

4th event Vault: Another record personal best!! Previous best was 11.85 and scored a 13.40 - 1st Place

She won the first overall spot with an all time PB of 51.37 going into the Western Canadian Championships at the end of the month.

My proudest moment was even though she was so happy she thought it was sad as the group is small only four girls in total and they only gave out awards to the top 3. She figured they should at least give it out for all 4 competitors as they all get to make the team. She to tell the girl who only got one medal that she thought she did great and how she can't wait to compete together at Westerns!!

Thanks everyone for the well wishes....they sure helped!

Here is my attempt at her video, but you will have to excuse vault...

Manitoba Open Pre-Novice Aspire 2013 - YouTube

So awesome!! And I read what Bog wrote and if she was competing at Ontario provincials, with 26 girls, she would have been 1st all around with that total score!
She's going to rock Westerns!

Well that is wonderful. Some home ice advantage for a change. I looked at the most recent Quebec meet at her level. It had over 40 girls and she still would have placed 2nd AA. I think it is hard for you to understand how strong she is in her level as she only ever sees a few girls. The girl who came first AA at the meet I looked at was at Gymnix too. Westerns will be great for her.

You are right Bog; I really don't know much about gymnastics and we only ever have the same three girls to compete against and compare her too. As you know Gymnix was her first ever meet outside of her in house (which she only did one of) so my perspective is limited.

I am in awe and proud everyday of the determination she has shown this year getting through her injuries and her ability to be happy for herself while still showing compassion for others. I know it is not the ideal killer instinct they want as i remember once one of the coaches telling me she was too nice, but I hope she never changes.

There are lots of lovely girls high up in Canadian gymnastics. Peng Peng Lee is one, always polite, kind and helpful. There is a reason she remained team captain of the Olympic team last year. NO reason you cannot be nice and competitive, as really the only person you need to beat is yourself!

There are lots of lovely girls high up in Canadian gymnastics. Peng Peng Lee is one, always polite, kind and helpful. There is a reason she remained team captain of the Olympic team last year. NO reason you cannot be nice and competitive, as really the only person you need to beat is yourself!

Off the topic of the thread, but I am so thrilled to hear that Peng Peng Lee is a nice, kind person. I love her gymnastics & it's fantastic when good athletes are also good people.

/derail

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back