Parents Meet Results

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Compared to the rest of her scores, I thought her floor score was low! She was a bit wobbly on beam, so I can see why she'd do better with a fall, if she was solid. Overall, she did great!

I agree with the other posters. She is a lovely gymnast who should have had a higher floor score. I just saw little deductions, but it is possible she got .10thed to death (it happens to my DD actually).

I think she will do well at Zones.

Good luck!

She did a great job. Had she had her toes pointed with no bobbles on beam she would've scored over a 9.0, no doubt.

About the floor routine ~ This same thing happened to my dd's team last year. Were there 1 or 2 judges? At one of our meets there were 2 sitting at the floor table. One, I swear, was just looking a feet. No lie. Every little thing, they were looking for. Even girls that were 100% solid, with their leaps at 180°, tumbling to the ceiling, didn't score very high. I think the highest score on floor the entire day was a 9.1. Very low.

Anyway, she could probably point her toes a little better and her knees were bent as well. She had great tumbling, which is what they usually judge them on at that level (at my dd's meets, anyway). Strange. Very nice routines, though! She should be proud! :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back