Meet this weekend, newish beam routine for older DD

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

UnoMas

Proud Parent
Hello all, would love for some good wishes especially for older DD this weekend. She is doing a new-ish beam routine (has taken out the BWO and is adding cartwheel-cartwheel or cartwheel with handstand...can't remember). She has not stayed on beam yet this season so would LOVE some stay on the beam wishes for her...I think she is really pretty on beam so would love for her to hit her routine!

Beam is MY most dreaded event (and I'm JUST the mom!). :)
Directing ALL BEAM FAIRIES your way - just make sure to "beam" them back to me since our season starts soon!

Good Luck to your DD. And sending the beam fairies her way. Im sure she will do just fine.

Good luck to your older DD! My DD also struggles to "stay on" the beam. She is doing cartwheel-cartwheel also and is about 50/50 with landing it. She can do a BWO but in her words "I know i CAN do it I just WON'T do it" lol! The CW-CW is actually harder to connect than the handstand-BWO connection but the fear thing kindof gets in the way!! If I find some beam fairies (we haven't seen them much around here). I will send them your way.

Good luck to your older DD! My DD also struggles to "stay on" the beam. She is doing cartwheel-cartwheel also and is about 50/50 with landing it. She can do a BWO but in her words "I know i CAN do it I just WON'T do it" lol! The CW-CW is actually harder to connect than the handstand-BWO connection but the fear thing kindof gets in the way!! If I find some beam fairies (we haven't seen them much around here). I will send them your way.

My DD "can" do a BWO too. ;) She just hasn't done one in a meet yet. And it was stressing her out so much that I asked the coach if she could take it out. But now, she has moved on to stressing about the CW's. Sighhhh. She has always been a little bit "mental" about the beam. It's a shame.

I will share any and all beam fairies if we are fortunate enough to meet any.

Good luck to your DD! Sending tons of beam fairies her way!! DD always says, "I hope I do beam last..."

Hoping for a stuck routine for your gymmie and that she rocks the other events. For you I pray for a stress free meet! Let us know how it goes :)

Thanks all! Back from the first round of the meet...little DD goes tomorrow.
The beam fairies were here for the cartwheel-cartwheel...but unfortunately they left for the full turn (which had been beautiful at all the other meets) :( So no stuck routine yet. With the fall she had a 8.4 on beam so not too bad. She had a personal best on bars 8.80 but struggled on vault and floor a little. Oh well, good thing there is another meet next weekend! ;)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back