Parents Meets that give out leotards

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymmomtotwo

Proud Parent
So, we are at a meet right now that says that each competitor is to receive a leotard. DD competed yesterday and this did not happen. Am I missing something? We have never been to a meet that has Leos as a gymnast gift. Do they ship them to your gym?Should we ask our coaches. Would a meet host not follow through on What is stated their meet info? It is clearly stated on their website.

yup - we competed yesterday and had practice today and one of the coaches hauled out the bags with the leos in them. each leo had the gymnasts names on the tag - i helped give them out to our level.

i saw some gyms handing them out to their gymnasts yesterday at awards. we can't do that b/c our coaches weren't even at awards. they had the level 7s who were warming up/competing during awards.

it can take a week or so before our gymmies get their leos. in the middle of meet season, handing out the leos is the last thing on the coaches minds. lol .

So, we are at a meet right now that says that each competitor is to receive a leotard. DD competed yesterday and this did not happen. Am I missing something? We have never been to a meet that has Leos as a gymnast gift. Do they ship them to your gym?Should we ask our coaches. Would a meet host not follow through on What is stated their meet info? It is clearly stated on their website.
Sometimes the coaches are given the leotards and hand them out later.

If a gym was late entering the meet and they had ready ordered the leotards, you wouldn't get a gymnast gift either.

Leos are usually given to the coaches, however, we have had a situation where they were shipped later because the competition didn't get them in time and we also had a meet earlier this season when they were given to the coaches, but a bunch of the sizes were wrong and they had to ship them back to the meet people and have them re-send them and it took over a month for the girls to get their leos. Unfortunately when my dd finally got hers, she couldn't even get it on because it was too small...they were the ozone leos which are comfortable, but the sizes (at least adult) run much smaller and coach didn't ask dd for size.....

Getting a Leo sounds so nice! We have sooo many meet t shirts from this season. :)

we get a ton of leo's up here in MA. it's crazy. little boston does one each year. and the one we were just at, hawaiian luau, does one as well. we go to manhattan classic a lot and they do one and we went to one in NJ last year and they did one too. at our hosted meet 2 seasons ago, we handed out leos but switched to feat socks this year (much better a gift in my book).

this year we got 3 leo's as gymnasts gifts. i like the one from yesterday. it's exactly like the one from NJ, just a diff color, and it's a really nice material. there is no need to buy dd any new leo's!

Getting a Leo sounds so nice! We have sooo many meet t shirts from this season. :)

I don't want any more meet leotards! The entry fees for leotard meets are usually higher, and although some of the leos are nice (Tinker Bell likes the two Plums and the one Dreamlight she's gotten), some of them are just plain awful. Tinker Bell's team went to a meet this past weekend that required all the girls to wear the meet leo during the competition. This year they shipped the leos to the gym a few days ahead of time, which enabled the coaches to discover that the leos were see-through and also a very poor fit in the leg area for most of the girls. This meant that we parents had to scramble to find appropriate undergarments, which were of course pricey and will never be worn again. The girls complained that the neckline was too high and was choking them, and the dye was already coming off in spots before the leos were even worn. Most of these leos are destined straight for the donation pile. Such a waste of money, and environmentally unfriendly to boot.

Every meet we have been to this year has given a leo. I think it is popular in MA. My girls like them, but we have more than enough. One meet gave all the leos to the coaches, and the girls got them the next week at practice. It was during a blizzard, so that might have been why. One meet gave them to the coaches, and the coaches handed them out at awards. The last meet had a table set up by the vendors, and parents just picked them up when they had time.

Did she ever get her Leo? I have seen it both ways. I actually like when the girls are given it so that if it is the wrong size (it almost always is for us, and we have no idea why), there is a chance for exchanges.

Reactions: sce
This past weekend we went to our first meet that gave out leos & the girls got them at check-in. Very glad I went w/her meet leo size of AM which is bigger than the AXS and AS she usually wears because this leo was not too big! We're in OK & meet tees are common but not leos. Level 8 and this was her first meet leo!

Attachments

• IMG_0726.JPG
    IMG_0726.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 91
We have given out leos and also shorts. How we did it was - in your registration package you would indicate what size of leo or shorts you want. At time of registration we give the leos or shorts all in a package to your coach. They are responsible for handing out.
Thats what we did and it worked pretty good.
The only thing that can be a pain is if the club doesn't tell you a size.

Reactions: sce

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back