WAG Melody Leotard Sizing

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

tumble&turn

Coach
Gymnast
So I'm about to order a long sleeved competition leotard and a short sleeved leotard from Melody leotards but I'm confused about their size chart compared to GK's.

I was wondering what everyone's experience with Melody leotard's sizing compared to Gk.

I wear an Adult Medium in GK and I find this a comfortable fit. I was wondering which Melody size would be similar to this?

My DD is all torso and found her Melody leo to be short in the torso. She loves it b/c she customized it and it's all her favorite colors, she gets a lot of compliments on it when she wears it. But, she complains the fabric is stiff and it's not as comfy as some of her others- more like Snowflake (which she doesn't like at all- fabrics too stiff/thick).

She wears an AXS in GK, and I ordered her an AXS in Melody, but she really probably could have used the AS. Do you have a long torso? Depends on how you are shaped.

My only fear with ordering her the AS would be that it would be too wide or the legholes too big. FWIW GK by far is her favorite for fit, cut, and styling- Melody's cut is a bit different- shorter in the torso- at least the one DD has is.

She makes every leo- so I guess if I were to order another I would specify that DD needs more length in the torso. If you prefer your leos a certain way/fit you can tell her and she will accommodate or at least I have heard she will.

We just had a fundraiser with Melody Leotards, and they tended to run smaller in the tank leos. Except the open racer backs which tended to be longer than her tanks in the same sizes. I don't know about the long-sleeved ones. I know the samples she sen were CS CM CL CXL AXS AS AM AL. My 3 yr old wears a CXS in GK, but Melody's CS is a little tiny bit bigger than GK's CXS.

My level 10 says they are very comfy. She wears an AL.

Melody will also do special sizing, like a long torso or a half size. Returns are super easy too, and all you'd have to pay for is cost of shipping it back to her. So buy with confidence!

I'm an adult medium in gk and in melody I can wear a medium or large. Larges fit with growing room, mediums are pretty tight so if I order one I get a large now. My mediums still fit me.

My high school team used Melody for our warm-up leos and most got their standard size, the only complaint was they were cut high on the hip, but these are girls that don't typically wear leotards so aren't accustomed to the standard gymnast fit. The hologram fabrics are a bit stiffer, so it might be a good bet to go up a size, particularly if you are longer.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back