Mens AA

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Amazing Oleg got that close to Kohei, when you consider what his training situation likely is compared to the Japanese gymnasts...what a great top 3!

And with Oleg only 22 (turning 23 this year), strong possibility of him returning for 2020, as well as being a force at Worlds. I hope so! What a talent!

I do worry about his training conditions if that recent reddit article is accurate, though. :(

And with Oleg only 22 (turning 23 this year), strong possibility of him returning for 2020, as well as being a force at Worlds. I hope so! What a talent!

I do worry about his training conditions if that recent reddit article is accurate, though. :(
Hopefully winning the silver, coming so close to Kohei, and Oleg being relatively young for men's gym will cause his government to put some money into that program.

That was probably one of the best sporting events I've ever watched in my entire life. It was so close coming down to the last rotation, and so many guys were so brilliant today.

I wanted Kohei to win so he can walk out on top, but Oleg gave him the fight of his life! So glad that they both battled through all six rotations in sheer brilliance.

And MAX! OMG!!! Wow!

Hopefully winning the silver, coming so close to Kohei, and Oleg being relatively young for men's gym will cause his government to put some money into that program.

That would be great if they did pump some money into gymnastics, but given all of Ukraines problems I struggle to see that happening. I hope I'm wrong on this one.

This was the single most intense, exciting, and attention-grabbing competition I have ever watched. EVER! Literally the entire time, every guy was busting out their best gymnastics. They all wanted it so badly. And the battle between Kohei and Oleg was incredible. I was hanging on every routine, just waiting for the scores to post. Way more exciting than the women's side of things.

I am so proud of Max Whitlock. What an incredible athlete!!!

Such a great meet! I was hoping Oleg would pull out the win, but I'm thrilled for Kohei too. And Oleg should be beyond thrilled that he gave Kohei a run for his money, because that has not really happened in the last 5-ish years. I hope Ukraine awards him appropriately for what an absolutely incredible job he really did.
Loved seeing Max win, but at the same time for Belyavskiy who also had such an incredible meet and just missed a medal. Really, the top 5 all deserved medals for such an incredible showing. I also felt badly that Max still seemed a bit shaken up by his awkward landing on his Thomas on FX to fully enjoy the fact that he won the AA bronze.
And I love what a class act Oleg has been. Apparently at the press conference a reporter asked Kohei if he thought he was favored by the judges and even Oleg responded that Kohei was indeed the best.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back