MAG Mens/boys support?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

3gymnastmom

Proud Parent
Hello there. I’m a first time poster, so please be gentle :) I’ve read threads and discussions on this site for about 2 months now and I like it, but it’s very much weighted to girls/womens gymnastics. Both of my sons are gymnasts, the older one a Level 9. Are there other discussion groups/forums that have a higher boy/mens gymnast population and discussion topics? Or is chalkbucket it? I do have a daughter on pre-team, so I definitely appreciate the abundance of girls input and perspective here, but it would be nice to have more about the boys. I would love to know of any other discussion groups/forums for boys that you have found. Thanks all and may you and your gymnasts be safe and healthy.

I think it is just because there are a lot fewer men doing gymnastics, so we get fewer posts and issues. Also, as you will learn, men’s gymnastics isn’t the same cute throat crazy as women’s gymnastics, so we don’t post a ton of - but what about my hand placement for my BHS.

This group here, is pretty easy going and very supportive of all the boys/men!

Thank you all...it's good to hear from you. Gosh I just loves MAG (I have a new acronym, yippy). I'm the last person on the world not on FB, but I'll see if I can access Our Flippin' Boys or use my husband's account. Thanks all...be well.

Welcome. We love hearing from men’s gymnastics families. Encourage the families from your gym to visit too. We have a great group of knowledgeable coaches and parents who can provide information and support without (most of) the crazy that seems to lurk other places.

Here you will get the unvarnished story, including discussion of all the not awesomes that can happen in this sport. My guy is currently JD1 and a senior in high school. He's had a difficult path through the sport, but still loves it. We're hoping college club gym is in his future. His sister will return to her NAIGC club in the fall.

I also have a level 9 son! They are starting to get into much bigger skills in level 9!
Oooo, yes, for sure. He’s a first year L9, so he’s still perfecting the harder skills (vault catch, a “double” off of rings, etc.). My younger son is a L4 and he’s just so cute and little...reminds me of when my older one was a 4. Good luck to your son this season.

Here you will get the unvarnished story, including discussion of all the not awesomes that can happen in this sport. My guy is currently JD1 and a senior in high school. He's had a difficult path through the sport, but still loves it. We're hoping college club gym is in his future. His sister will return to her NAIGC club in the fall.
My L9 son didn’t start off strong...he really struggled as a L4 and first year L5. I think the rougher start helped build his tenacity and lowered his expectation to medal all the time. Now when he has a fall or a major mistake during a competition, he doesn’t fall apart. And when he nails it...when he’s in the zone, he’s so happy. Good luck to your son and your daughter.

Oh post away! I have a L 10 gymnast and will talk MAG all day long :) We just have to get it started :)
I see myself being more of an observer/supporter of MAG posts...but at some point I’ll get comfy and post. Good luck to your son this season.

Has anyone heard anything about regionals? At this point I have not heard whether R7 is going to have a regional meet this year, and even if they do, what it might entail. It's possible that my son's weird in-house state meet next weekend will be his last JO/JD meet.

Has anyone heard anything about regionals? At this point I have not heard whether R7 is going to have a regional meet this year, and even if they do, what it might entail. It's possible that my son's weird in-house state meet next weekend will be his last JO/JD meet.
We are in Region 5 and regionals are happening. I’m not sure if this is typical in other regions, but in R5, the L4-L7 have a separate event from the Optionals...two weeks apart.

Welcome. We love hearing from men’s gymnastics families. Encourage the families from your gym to visit too. We have a great group of knowledgeable coaches and parents who can provide information and support without (most of) the crazy that seems to lurk other places.
Great, I will. I do try and stay away from the crazies...far away. Most of the boys gym families at our gym are balanced and sane, thankfully. I’m so glad our gym has survived covid...many others have not.

From the PA Men's Gymnastics facebook:

As of this past Tuesday when I spoke with the Regional Chairman at length, some type of regionals WILL take place. The when, where, and how is still to be determined.

Soooo...??? Are they holding bigger events in NY yet? Sort of sounds like it won't be at West Point anymore?

PA States is this weekend.

Region 8 is on, details and allotment numbers are already up as well.

NY is having a strange year. We can compete in person, but meets may only be held between gyms in the same (statewide) region or adjacent regions. They've set up this system for the women's side to have a state meet with four locations and the men's side to have one with three.

Hello!!!! So first my DS is level 8.... we are in Region 7 (we are in NJ). I was told that we are having our regionals in Harleysville, PA (no West Point :( ).

We have had quite the season.... so my sons coach just retired this past month (we knew it was coming we just didn't know when). The boys haven't competed at all this season however we just moved him to a new gym (March 1) and they asked if we want to put him into a virtual meet so they can qualify him for regionals. Of course we said yes but now he's scrambling to get his routines together (I think he'll be ok). He's 11 and he hasn't had opportunity to do any tech sequences this year so Nationals are definitely not on his radar but would be nice to get out there and at least get in regionals.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back