MAG Mens/boys support?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics
I would love to redesign our states Mens USAG website.... really would LOVE to!! I created a small website for my sons old team at one point. I had so much fun with it.

Web design aside. I do feel like my current gym is well informed. It sounds like for region 7 they have given each state allotments, therefore each state may have to approach regional qualifications differently based on how many boys (at what ages) they have interested in what levels.

I should just be lucky that my level 8 has the opportunity to do any meets at this point because in his old gym there was no plan to compete (virtually or otherwise). And also boy.... these meets expensive ... $155 for regionals.
155$ sounds like a dream at this point. For an in-house meet this year, we paid 500$. Yeah, we as parents flipped and the gym was like that's the way it is take it or leave it.

We are in Region 5 and regionals are happening. I’m not sure if this is typical in other regions, but in R5, the L4-L7 have a separate event from the Optionals...two weeks apart.
R5 is officially on? Good to know!! That hasn't filtered in to our gym yet. My level 6 probably won't qualify, as he's just coming back from a severe ankle sprain, but the other moms would love to know.

We are in Region 5 and regionals are happening. I’m not sure if this is typical in other regions, but in R5, the L4-L7 have a separate event from the Optionals...two weeks apart.
R5 is officially on? Good to know!! That hasn't filtered in to our gym yet. My level 6 probably won't qualify, as he's just coming back from a severe ankle sprain, but the other moms would love to know.

Quick update -- my guy made it to regionals, and so did his three besties! I'd completely given up hope when I saw the absurdly high scores from last weekend's downstate meet, but the judges apparently kept drinking their happy juice when they came our way yesterday.

I do feel very sad though, because the cut was brutal for the older JDs and L10s. The score required to make it through to regionals for the older 10s was a 73.1. For JD1 it was a 69! I wish they had a rule just to let the guys in their last year go.

Congratulations - I've heard rumors of rough regional cuts in our region too! I don't think any of our JD are scoring near that high - I do agree with your opinion on the seniors & even L10's mostly getting to go - if they are doing hard Level 10 routines -there are going to be some falls (ok crashes) - I'd rather then ge to go all out rather than playing it safe so they can qualify. Except pommel - I wish DS would play it safe there.

Quick update -- my guy made it to regionals, and so did his three besties! I'd completely given up hope when I saw the absurdly high scores from last weekend's downstate meet, but the judges apparently kept drinking their happy juice when they came our way yesterday.

I do feel very sad though, because the cut was brutal for the older JDs and L10s. The score required to make it through to regionals for the older 10s was a 73.1. For JD1 it was a 69! I wish they had a rule just to let the guys in their last year go.
Yay - so glad your guy made it!! The allotments were harsh and I agree on letting the seniors go. They really should. None of the JD2s from our gym made it, not even my guy who was first place for the upstate meet. But he’s 14 and has time to qualify in the future.

My level 8 had a rough meet for him but made the cutoff score by .9. Phew! And he got to have the fun experience of having routines ripped to shreds by competing his first JE tech sequences

Hello. Sorry for the delay, I didn’t realize this post got so popular. Yes, R5 is still on and they have now combined the compulsories with optionals. The dates will be April 15-18 in Battle Creek, MI from what I understand. Below is the link that was shared with me. Even tho the link seems to indicate L7-10 and JD, the page has much more info and include other Levels 5 & 6.

Hope this helps...good luck to your son(s).

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back