Mens Finals

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

So thrilled for Max and the Brazil men!

Sad for Jake, though, as he such an amazing tumbler and I really thought he would podium - just wasn't his day for landings.

What wonderful sportsmanship all around, though, from every competitor.

was interesting listening to Dan Keatings on the commentary who said that pre and including 2008 we had no hope of fielding a team, now they are doing so well. Lets hope it continues, can't wait for Epke on the high bar

was interesting listening to Dan Keatings on the commentary who said that pre and including 2008 we had no hope of fielding a team, now they are doing so well. Lets hope it continues, can't wait for Epke on the high bar

US needs to do something along these lines....we are fielding a team but when they get to the big dance, they don't deliver like they should. It's great that Naddour medaled on pommels but once again, Mikulak had major mistakes in the floor final...even said the noise of the crowd "rattled him"...huh? He's been competing internationally for how long, and competed in the noisiest venues going in NCAA, and the crowd noise is now rattling him? He's your premier men's gymnast USAG and this is his psyche?! Sorry, I don't care if the men's teams have "rejected a sports shrink in the past because they never bought into it", their actions and results are screaming for some sort of mental overhaul at the very least...so that they can showcase their huge talents without mental errors.

It does seem like something needs to be done. I mean, I can see Sam's point in one respect...he is used to loud noises, but not cheering when he messes up. That being said, he should be able to handle it. I know they add pressure to themselves, but still. It will be interesting after these games to see what happens...

It does seem like something needs to be done. I mean, I can see Sam's point in one respect...he is used to loud noises, but not cheering when he messes up. That being said, he should be able to handle it. I know they add pressure to themselves, but still. It will be interesting after these games to see what happens...

I remember pac rims in Rio when Peng Peng Lee, as a 13 year old junior, fell off beam the crowd cheered every time. I wanted to cry for her. CHeering for falls is something no gymnast has ever dealt with. Even the rudest crowd in the US would not do that.

Yes, they need to work on mental toughness, in the way the US WAG does, but the crowd in Rio is nuts.

It did bother me to hear people cheering when he would mess up. That is insane and just not something I'm at all used to seeing in gymnastics.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back