DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

skschlag

Staff member
Gold Membership
Proud Parent
1668478670762.png

That’s the part I wonder about, how do you sustain that? There isn’t a lot of profit to be made with this sport as it is, but to pay the athletes? And I assume they still have gym fees and everything? And what about EVO’s existing athletes? Do their fees go up to help offset the elites they are bringing in? Do they get a stipend too?

Also, does this mean there is no more OTC at all? Is the upcoming FS Nationals the last event that will ever be held there?

I also wonder, how does this work with the athletes wanting to go to college? I thought you couldn’t get paid and get a scholarship as well, or something to that effect? Don’t get me wrong, I do like the ideas, I’m just wondering how.

An update.
https://twitter.com/GymCastic
From Gymcastic Twitter...

The Olympic Trainer Center & national team are not “moving to Florida.” USAG still runs MAG, its national team, camps, trials etc. Evo in FL is NOT the new OTC. Some national team are moving to a private gym to be paid *more* to train. OTC will still host national team camps.

Thanks. I can do that on my phone, but was on my computer. I really need to learn to do that :)

But that does help, although I do feel like there are still so many questions unanswered. I think someone needs to clarify what is happening.

Thanks. I can do that on my phone, but was on my computer. I really need to learn to do that :)

Just copy the link and paste it on its own line.

Click the 3 dots in the upper right of the tweet... then click "Embed Tweet"... then scroll up to find this...

Screen Shot 2022-11-16 at 9.03.03 AM.png

That is the link you need.

Such a moment for him. I love that he documented it that way. And it truly is the end of an era.

Reactions: JBS
Here is another full thread to read...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back