Men's qualifications

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

profmom

Proud Parent
Dear US OTC, can you please watch the entire British men's team's rotation on PH? And, like, try to get our guys to do that? Thanks!

I know all eyes will be on Kohei Uchimura and Oleg Verniaiev (yes, I had to look up the spelling) in quals, but I am extremely curious to see what kind of day Manrique Larduet has. I want to see him in AA finals. He was a force to be reckoned with at Pan Ams, and he is ready to shine on the international stage.

They start the little guys on pommel pretty young over here (and by little guys I meant boys, not the GB team!). The youngest boys in our gym start to circle a mushroom and get on a pommel with their feet in a bucket on a string right from the start in rec.

What kind of sport allows you to say they 'circle a mushroom?!

Ours start young too, so I am not sure what teh disconnect is as they get older. D has been doing circles since he was 6. He loves pommel though :) maybe we don't use the bucket enough lol

I love it...circle a mushroom. people would think we were crazy if we were to say that in public!

Reactions: sce
Ours start young too, so I am not sure what teh disconnect is as they get older. D has been doing circles since he was 6. He loves pommel though :) maybe we don't use the bucket enough lol

I love it...circle a mushroom. people would think we were crazy if we were to say that in public!

The GB grassroots development system of compulsory routines is the secret to their success. They have the most progressive compulsory routines in the world, have done so for many years. We are just now seeing the results of these routines - and it will only get better with the next generation of their junior gymnasts.

No one seems to be talking about what happened to Kohei in quals. His teammate Hayasaka, who competed before him, had a couple of big errors on floor that clearly threw the judges for a loop. Kohei was standing around waiting to go, pacing the podium. His coach eventually had him come off the podium and throw his warmups on while he was waiting. It was probably a good ten minutes if not more -- there were at least two full pbars routines done before he competed. I know the guy's been through a lot of gymnastics meets, but I can't help but to think it threw him off.

No one seems to be talking about what happened to Kohei in quals. His teammate Hayasaka, who competed before him, had a couple of big errors on floor that clearly threw the judges for a loop. Kohei was standing around waiting to go, pacing the podium. His coach eventually had him come off the podium and throw his warmups on while he was waiting. It was probably a good ten minutes if not more -- there were at least two full pbars routines done before he competed. I know the guy's been through a lot of gymnastics meets, but I can't help but to think it threw him off.
That was awful. I think it threw him off too......

The floor seems to have eaten Oleg Verniaiev as well, but he qualified second for the AA competition.

I didn't get to watch much, but i hope what I missed was better than what I saw :( Donnell falling on floor, Brooks falling on pb and pommel, all 3 great routines until the falls. Little concerned about them making finals at this point. We are in 5th right now....unless there are just 3 in the next group (which I think tehre are). Then we are ok :)

Reactions: sce
I caught very little but what i saw looked great. I saw lots of ring and bits and pieces elsewhere. Dannel Leyva seems to have had a great day.

Oh, that pommel horse rotation. Oh dear. Oh my. I guess -- maybe they got all their uglies out and done with???? Oh, oh, oh.

They did pretty well I thought......I hope Paul is ok, he got pretty beat up on high bar .......and that fall......oh dear!

BOth of the falls :( I wonder if he doesn't have a concussion of some sort. His next 2 events were not up to par :(

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back