Men's Team Finals Lineup

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

skschlag

Staff member
Gold Membership
Proud Parent
44940993_973117576212719_8722930041027035136_n.jpg

I think, judging from this lineup, that the men are going for it. They are trying to place in the top 3. I hope Sam and Yul can hold up. Cannot wait to see if they can actually put 2 days together....

I think Sam is going to need to sleep for two weeks straight when he gets home from Doha. And I hope Yul's back holds up! Glad Colin is doing floor and vault -- his piked skills are so beautiful to watch. And I really want to see Alec nail that pommel routine, and Akash do the same on pbars!

I agree! And Yul heads back straight (almost) into college season. Sam looks stronger than ever, but this is a brutal schedule for even the strongest. 6 events X 3 plus 4 event finals. I mean, it is over the course of a week, but it is still a lot.

I hope they do well. The men's program needs a lift.

I have the Olympic Channel and I'm watching the men's team final live, but it's so frustrating! As usual, they are only showing select gymnasts. It would be nice if the US coverage would show all of the US gymnasts competing on each event. I mean, there are only three of them to show. I know it's hard when it's live, because they want to give a glimpse of what the other countries are doing, too, but come on...grrrr... At least talk about the other two scores! They just had rotation one and only showed Sam on pommel and only talked about him as if he is carrying the whole team. Can we not at least give verbal acknowledgment of what the other two US gymnasts scored as well?

Agreed, but it's hard to do that when the team is in last after both rotations. Live scoring is what I'm having trouble with. Trying to go off of Twitter feeds to find what our guys are scoring isn't the way to go.........since I'm pretty sure the FIG live scoring for this event isn't actually "live". What did Yoder get on pommel? And I wanted to see why Yul got bonked on his pommel routine. Not gonna gain any ground on the top 3 with 13s.....

I completely agree with you. I know it's hard, but they should at least tell us the other two scores if they aren't going to show all routines. The FIG scoring is hard because you can't go back to see what anyone scored unless they are ranking top three. At least if you can, I can't find it. Yul's vault gave me chills!

I really hope Sam can hang in there and win an individual memo. He's been the definition of a franchise player this week.
I really hope so too! You are very right about how valuable he is to this team. Though he isn't as dominant against the rest of the world, he is as valuable to this team as Simone is to the women. With him they are within shouting distance of bronze, without they likely don't even make finals.

Also, interesting that the USA men's weakest events were rings, p bars and vault. Someone sitting at home through this selection process might have been helpful there...

Not disappointed in the US men. They had a solid showing today. Think of where they'd be with a 100% Moldauer and a 100% Whittenburg. It's really a good development to see them doing better in finals than in quals. Lots of stuff to like.

But wow, the Russia-China dogfight was really awesome!

that was awesome to watch. So proud of the men to hang in there as they did! And we just finished, not knowing who won. That was so fun. D was pacing!
Way to go USA MEN!!!

It’s give and take. You add a guy for certain events but lose one for others. The guy at home had issues and has been anything but consistent over his career. Nothing says he would’ve been able to add enough to negate the loss. I think the team did a great job. They’re in the mix and that is something to build on for the next two years.

I just hope Moldauer can get 100% healthy with NCAA season coming up and stay healthy in the run up to Tokyo. But yeah, I do like the looks of the guys who are likely to be in the mix for 2020 for the US. On a good day, they are right up there. Just hoping for a few more really good days.

I am kind of a terrible gym parent because I am all about pressuring my son to learn a full Kehre because I think it looks sooooo cool in the elite guys' routines. He might be getting a little irritated with me.

I just hope Moldauer can get 100% healthy with NCAA season coming up and stay healthy in the run up to Tokyo. But yeah, I do like the looks of the guys who are likely to be in the mix for 2020 for the US. On a good day, they are right up there. Just hoping for a few more really good days.

I am kind of a terrible gym parent because I am all about pressuring my son to learn a full Kehre because I think it looks sooooo cool in the elite guys' routines. He might be getting a little irritated with me.

Oh..me too! I love that. D is working it...no where close yet :(

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back