WAG MG Elite leotards

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My DD and I both loved the Wonder Woman leo Jordan Chiles wore. Her floor music also has music from the movie in it. We thought it was pretty cool, and DD said she wished it was her team's comp leo. She did dress as WW for Halloween last year though, so... ;)
I didn't like this at all. It was odd. Maybe if she were 5, but not on a teenager on the national level. There were so many strange or just ugly leotards. Don't even get me started on the KZ line......

I really, really liked both of Simone's leos. Not a fan of the pink. Really, really not a fan of the superwoman leo.

And I shouldn't say this since we go to her gym, but I don't like any of the KZ ozone line.
Amen sister. And the pink one.... oh my word, it was like a prom gown, with a dangling bow---not very classic or sporty or anything. It should not have happened.

The Wonder Woman leo was awful in person...it looked stiff and like I was expecting another superhero or villain to zoom after her up the vault runway!

Agree that Hurd's leo was rather blinding with bling...the concept was nice but a few less crystals would have worked for me.

GAGE leos weren't a hit for me because pale yellow just gave off a sallow look...Wong and Eaker were lovely gymnasts that I would've loved to see in Dunne's leo.

I liked Trinity Thomas', Shilese Jones and Olivia Dunne's leos and Simone's day 2 grew on me throughout the meet (loved the day 1 from the start)

The absolute worst leo of the competition was the day 1 leo worn by Marz Frazier...nude sleeve and then a weird hodgepodge of colors...that was a yuck for me.

I find that Riley's leotards are a bit hit and miss - generally I am not a fan of "lingerie" leos so I didn't like the Pink corset leo (although it looked fine from the front) and I didn't like the bikini leo from Classic with its bejeweled belly button feature.

I loved the fact that Simone wore teal on day 2 - teal being the colour for supporting victims of sexual assault.

I also liked Ragan's day 2 leo - the wrapover style in shades of blue - it looked very classy

Reactions: sce
My favorite leo of yesterday was GAGE’s. It was so lovely! I loved Simone’s leo on her, but not in general. I’m just not a fan of the new necklace neckline that’s everywhere with the clasp at the back of the neck.
GAGE's were my favorite. I love yellow but not everyone can pull off a yellow leo, I feel like it looked really elegant on their whole team.

I prefer the north korean's leo... nice and simple. is this a sport or a fashion show?? why are the men not subjected to discussions about their uniform?

images.jpg

/sarcasm... sort of...

I find that Riley's leotards are a bit hit and miss - generally I am not a fan of "lingerie" leos so I didn't like the Pink corset leo (although it looked fine from the front) and I didn't like the bikini leo from Classic with its bejeweled belly button feature.

I loved the fact that Simone wore teal on day 2 - teal being the colour for supporting victims of sexual assault.

I also liked Ragan's day 2 leo - the wrapover style in shades of blue - it looked very classy

I would have liked Simone's more if it was more of a teal and less of a turquoise ... teal is darker.
I am a color nerd - I put my crayola crayons in rainbow order... determining where each shade goes based on the predominant color, then comparing it to the other ones in that family, and going from most solid pure RED all the way through the purply reds. The Neutrals are kept separate (shades of gray from black to white and shades of brown from darkest to lightest, taking into consideration undertones from reddish to purplish are separated).

I prefer the north korean's leo... nice and simple. is this a sport or a fashion show?? why are the men not subjected to discussions about their uniform?

View attachment 7347

/sarcasm... sort of...
Because the men wear solid colors. Now if one of them came out in a Batman competition uniform, or had the back laced up like a wedding dress or had on completely gem-encrusted pants, or wore a speedo instead of shorts or pants, you can bet we'd be subjecting them to discussions of their uniforms.

The women are sort of in a fashion show, or why else would there be such lengths to make a statement or try to stand out with the leotards?

I would have liked Simone's more if it was more of a teal and less of a turquoise ... teal is darker.
I am a color nerd - I put my crayola crayons in rainbow order... determining where each shade goes based on the predominant color, then comparing it to the other ones in that family, and going from most solid pure RED all the way through the purply reds. The Neutrals are kept separate (shades of gray from black to white and shades of brown from darkest to lightest, taking into consideration undertones from reddish to purplish are separated).

Yes!! I loved Simone's leo but all the references to it being teal had me scratching my head. FWIW - I used to do the same thing with my crayons and have found myself more than once doing the same with my kids' crayons when they were younger (sadly, the basket of crayons doesn't see much action these days).

View attachment 7347

/sarcasm... sort of...

Because we all have opinions about them anyway. It's fun to discuss. Face it, these leo's were designed to be talked about. Otherwise they'd look like the one you posted, or even worse, they'd all be exactly the same shade of black with no personality or individuality or anything. It's not a crime to discuss our thoughts on a leo design. :)

Yes!! I loved Simone's leo but all the references to it being teal had me scratching my head. FWIW - I used to do the same thing with my crayons and have found myself more than once doing the same with my kids' crayons when they were younger (sadly, the basket of crayons doesn't see much action these days).
I still get crayola crayons for Christmas most years... sadly, I didnt get any this past Christmas (I usually get the 120 box, but sometimes I get the 96). I won't use the old ones until I get new ones... then I pass the ones I had been using on to the girls to use. So in 2017, I started using the 2016 crayons and passed the 2015 crayons on. Many of the crayons were only used for ordering them because I have favorite colors, lol.

I loved Jordan’s Wonder Woman leotard - that is also her floor music, so clearly that means something to her. I also loved Morgan Hurd’s from night 2. Simone’s on night one may be my favorite of the whole meet, but also liked Olivia Dunne’s night 2 (I really like black leotards - kind of the gymnastics version of a “little black dress”) AND I liked her purple one from the first night. I liked MG Elites blue night one leotard, not so much the baby pink lace up thing they had going on night 2. Grace McCallum had nice leotards both days. Overall I thought the leotard choices weren’t that bad this year.

I like the black leotard with the rainbow swirls from night 2, loved the idea of Simone’s but not the belt. Regan’s blue Ozone was the best design I’ve seen from them. Gage’s yellow was pretty and different but not my favorite.

I loved Wonder Woman for one meet or two, not a whole season. Most of the rest were pretty good.

The Wonder Woman leo gives me an eye twitch. It just doesn't go with a mature international elite gymnast. It's more of a costume. I just thought it wasn't the place. Maybe on the Tour of Champions. Also, the Texas Dreams tank leos that were revealed each day--I just don't get it. Belts and high necks with clips in the back of the collar and ruffles? I feel like I'm back in the early 80's work out videos. I've been around the gym for a while, and i know that if a leotard even comes close to the neck, the girls are tugging and pulling and making choking sounds, so i don't see how they would wear those high-necked leotards with clips in the back.

There were some beautiful, classy leotards. I don't have time to look up all the girls names to put them here, but the girls looked stunning in those.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back