Microphones in the parent's waiting areas?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Maybe they're preparing to start filming a new reality series. "Gym Moms" anyone? :D
It's funny you say this because evidently a few gyms in my area DID get calls from an unnamed tv show to see if there was any interest in participating in this kind of show. The two gyms I know turned them down.

Our original gym had video cameras (with audio) in the gym and the waiting area...presented it as a "safety" issue (like the cameras were there to protect us)...from what i don't know...I know the owner could watch from her home or office...I thought it was just creepy...

I think this is a sign of an inscure owner who needs to get a better line of communication in place and an owner who thinks the little hen sessions we all need and do from time to time really are a detriment to their program. If you have a great program, great coaches, available to the parents for questions and don't feel attacked when a parent wants them to explain the "Why" of what they are doing so they too can understand there should be no need for the covert mic's or videos.

kHey Tumble queen I tried to PM you but it says your box is full - Guess its time for a spring cleaning

I know of a gym owner that just plants folks in the bleachers to try to keep track of what parents are saying. She says it's an effort to keep the psycho parents in check but now I'm not so sure.

Personally I would rather the microphone over the human spy, at least you know your words are not being twisted and you know they are always there...

Not that either should be needed.

ridiculous... who even cares what they are saying... they are sitting in their waiting room, which means that they are still paying customers of theirs - so they must not be too unhappy

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back