WAG Middle school gymnastics

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

In our gym we have a middle school program, I’m planning to be in it, but I’m sure if I’ll progress. The middle girls train the same time as us. I’m not trying to be rude are anything but the middle school girls have a lower skill level than me. A lot of the gymnasts have never done gymnastics before or have little experience. I have heard that all levels can join. But I’m not sure how that works, won’t they have make everyone do the safer easier skills for the lower skill level girls, so they don’t feel left out?

In our gym we have a middle school program, I’m planning to be in it, but I’m sure if I’ll progress. The middle girls train the same time as us. I’m not trying to be rude are anything but the middle school girls have a lower skill level than me. A lot of the gymnasts have never done gymnastics before or have little experience. I have heard that all levels can join. But I’m not sure how that works, won’t they have make everyone do the safer easier skills for the lower skill level g
In our gym we have a middle school program, I’m planning to be in it, but I’m sure if I’ll progress. The middle girls train the same time as us. I’m not trying to be rude are anything but the middle school girls have a lower skill level than me. A lot of the gymnasts have never done gymnastics before or have little experience. I have heard that all levels can join. But I’m not sure how that works, won’t they have make everyone do the safer easier skills for the lower skill level girls, so they don’t feel left out?
Will they let more the more advanced girls progress or do what the less experienced gymnasts do.

In our district and state, which is in NYS. We only have Varsity Girls Gymnastics. Because there is no JV teams, you can compete starting in 7th grade up until 12th. 7th and 8th graders need to be medically cleared and approved.

The level of gymnastics runs from barely L3/4 skills to multi year L10s. In our school practice ends at 4:30 and my daughter heads to club practice late or she skips club if she has a HS meet. She was her section champ this year and the section team for our section that went to states consisted of L8/L9 girls and girls doing lower level Excel (L4) type skills. The top 15 finishers at HS states were L9/L10 Gymnasts, quite a few multi year and Regional/National JO qualifiers. Needless to say our section didn’t win states.

I would imagine for your middle school they would let you do the skills you currently do. You would be unlikely to learn and progress more then you do at your club gym. School gymnastics is a good option for kids who don’t have the opportunity to do club. Does your school have a varsity team and when can you tryout and join that team? These are things you need to ask the coaches.

In our district and state, which is in NYS. We only have Varsity Girls Gymnastics. Because there is no JV teams, you can compete starting in 7th grade up until 12th. 7th and 8th graders need to be medically cleared and approved.

The level of gymnastics runs from barely L3/4 skills to multi year L10s. In our school practice ends at 4:30 and my daughter heads to club practice late or she skips club if she has a HS meet. She was her section champ this year and the section team for our section that went to states consisted of L8/L9 girls and girls doing lower level Excel (L4) type skills. The top 15 finishers at HS states were L9/L10 Gymnasts, quite a few multi year and Regional/National JO qualifiers. Needless to say our section didn’t win states.

I would imagine for your middle school they would let you do the skills you currently do. You would be unlikely to learn and progress more then you do at your club gym. School gymnastics is a good option for kids who don’t have the opportunity to do club. Does your school have a varsity team and when can you tryout and join that team? These are things you need to ask the coaches.
Thx for giving me more info, we don’t have a Jv v.

Thx for giving me more info, we don’t have a Jv v.
Well you should certainly look into it. But I think your club may be the best spot for you to continue on. Although I will say, my daughter feels school gymnastics has a more team like feel. And there is a lot of opportunity to help and elevate other kids who can’t get to club gymnastics. And that may make it totally worth while to you.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back