middle splits!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

A

addicted2tumbling

hello everyone!!! im having trouble with middle splits and i really need some stretches!! i have my right and left splits and i need my middle to complete it!! thank you so much if you can give me some good stretches!!!:):):)

The key is repetition and consistency. Try holding your middle splits, down on elbows, heels down, toes up, for 30 sec. 3x with a 30 sec. rest in between, twice a day for a month and see how far you come.

take two spring boards and put the lower ends together.
put your middle in the middle of the two boards, and have your coach
or a friend push you down, you count to 15. ( i know it sounds really short, but it works..)
but they cant just do a light push, it needs to really really stretch you..
then sit in your middle splits on the floor to see if they went down any, and do this every time you go to the gym.

Hey, do you really have to keep your toes up in middle splits? I cannot get my hips to turn out without having my hips go out of line. I'm really close to getting my middle split, but my big toes are always flat on the ground.

You can lay on your back with your bottom against the wall. Let your legs go down in your straddle as far as they can. Lay there and let gravity (and inch your feet down) push your feet closer to the floor. You can also use ankle weights.

You can lay on your back with your bottom against the wall. Let your legs go down in your straddle as far as they can. Lay there and let gravity (and inch your feet down) push your feet closer to the floor. You can also use ankle weights.

I like that stretch. It's a good one to do in between when it feels like you have tortured your muscles so bad they really need some rest. It's actually quite effective and you can hold it forever while doing other stuff - reading, playing on your phone. Keeps you distracted.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back