Off Topic Might not move up levels this year?! Should I quit

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

GymnastAlly04

Proud Parent
Gymnast
Hey guys so I'm kind of worried I might not move up levels for the 2017-2018 meet season...

I'm training level 5 and have all the skills I need to move up for level 5 except on bars but none of the level 4's training 5 have the skills either

One of my close level 7 friends told me that the coach for level 5 told her (she is close to that coach so I don't think she would lie) that if I didn't get my bars I most likely would move up what should I do?

We still have a lot of summer training left till competition season but last year I really struggled with bars scoring low 6's and by the last meet still not getting an 8!!

None of the girls have their flyaway or clear hip so I don't know why they would only talk about me?
Amy advice ?

They shouldn't be talking about gymnasts to other gymnasts, period.

As for if you should quit, if you're still having fun at gym you should continue. Level shouldn't be the deciding factor in continuing.

It is quite common for gymnasts to struggle on bars. Bars requires a different type of strength and skill to the other apparatus, lots of kids find that it holds them back.

It is concerning that the whole team is struggling though, that indicates a weakness in the coaching.

Why would you quit if you love it?? Every gymnast gets to a level (or two, or three) that they need to repeat to make sure they are reaching their full potential. It's not a failure, it's just the gym process. Usually, when you repeat, it's with upgraded stuff anyway. As long as you feel you are getting stronger, that's all that matters!!!

Hey guys so I'm kind of worried I might not move up levels for the 2017-2018 meet season...

I'm training level 5 and have all the skills I need to move up for level 5 except on bars but none of the level 4's training 5 have the skills either

One of my close level 7 friends told me that the coach for level 5 told her (she is close to that coach so I don't think she would lie) that if I didn't get my bars I most likely would move up what should I do?

We still have a lot of summer training left till competition season but last year I really struggled with bars scoring low 6's and by the last meet still not getting an 8!!

None of the girls have their flyaway or clear hip so I don't know why they would only talk about me?
Amy advice ?
Maybe the coach was talking generally about the collective "you" as in all the L4s.
A coach should not be talking about specific gymnasts with another gymnast.

What you should do is continue working hard. Get the skills you can get and let the chips fall where they may. Don't quit if you love gymnastics. Last season, the only girls from L4 that moved up to L5 at our gym were repeaters. The extra year gave them more time to work on form and to work on the skills they would need in L5.

Good luck.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back