Parents Milano leotard sizing

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

kaloss

Proud Parent
Dd fell in love with a Milano leotard on eBay, I know nothing of their sizing and looked up the manufacturer's website...which wasn't much help. Dd is 44" tall, 44lbs, wears a CM in GK and 6x/7 in Dreamlight (practice), her comp Leo is a 4-6 and seems to run big. She has "muscled up" a bit lately and it seems like leos that previously fit her are not loose in the bum. Would it be wiser to go with a 26 (5/6) or a 28 (7/8). Basically, I guess I am asking if they run true to size, large or small. Thanks!

I looked but every time I try to measure it seems like I'm doing something wrong. I've ordered probably 5 leos from various manufacturers and had to send them back :(

mine is 11 and wears a 32, but she could really do with a 31, have you looked at the size charts and checked the measurements.
DO they really want you to measure the girl standing in that position? That could throw of the measurement a lot. I always have kids stand straight up and down.

What I would say re Milano is "it depends on the fabric" (as in my DD varies between a 28 (foil or velour) and 30 (Lycra)...the former seems to have more stretch...it's not a style thing, we even have the exact same Leo in two sizes because of the fabric).

Milano are fairly true to size I would say. Their velour runs a bit bigger and their thick white has less give. Sizings for my N are somewhere between a 30 and a 32. Mainly the 32 now but she still fits into a 30.

I agree with what is said above in that it depends on the fabric. Thick white doesn't have much give and the velour has plenty. The foils (mystique) are fairly true to size. On the long sleeved leos, I usually buy the 32. In GK, N wears AXS or AS.

I would base it on what you are going to pay. If it's cheap, I'd go with the 26. If it's not (and I imagine it isn't), go with the 28 to get the wear out of it.

Which leo is it she is smitten by? Milano are the most common brand in the UK by a fairly large margin, and someone may be able to assist you specifically.

"Gymnast" size, is different to "normal people" size :)

DD1 is 10, powerhouse build. and a 26" fits nicely. A 24" is "competition fit, without a wrinkle. 28 gives growing room.

DD2 is 6, taller and slimmer. 26 gives growing room. 24 fits nicely, 22 would fit closely.

Which leo is it?

She loves anything with a "different back", and hates all the pink/purple. She wants lime green, orange or red... So this one has red and it fits the bill :)

This is dd. You can see she isn't exactly a power house, but she isn't long and lean either.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByChalkBucket1423261679.758445.jpg
    ImageUploadedByChalkBucket1423261679.758445.jpg
    223.6 KB · Views: 150
She is 7 1/2, I was leaning towards the 26 too, but it said 5/6 and that seemed so small. Thanks for the help!! I can order now with a little confidence :)

We have this exact Leo and I think it runs bigger than the other Milano leos that dd has, it is definitely more wrinkly on her so going for the smaller size is probably wise.
Eta it does look great on though even if it is a bit big on her

- don't know if this helps at all - the outer 2 are Milano 26s, the inner 2 are gk cm. All fit dd who is 137cm but not very broad across the shoulders.

Attachments

• IMG_20150207_152904.jpg
    IMG_20150207_152904.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 119
DD is 10, not a dainty dot (she has a 'muscular' backside, frontside and every other side) and about the right height for her age - not gymnast diddy. She fits a 30 perfectly. She has a couple of 32's I bought off ebay which are two big. She's somewhere between cl and axs in GK. She has that particular leo too in gold and black and isn't even close to growing out of it yet. Hope that helps. Leo looks fab by the way.

Update: we got the Leo yesterday and dd is in love. She is wearing it today! The fit is fantastic! Now I want to order more...this could be dangerous!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByChalkBucket1424548043.645893.jpg
    ImageUploadedByChalkBucket1424548043.645893.jpg
    292 KB · Views: 96

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back