Min age to compete power tumbling?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I'm not sure of the exact age or even if there is one, but I am pretty sure you can be younger. At our state meet there was a 6 & Under division in level 5.

A mum used to post on here who had a daughter compete at 4. She was too young for artistic so her club put her in tumble as she was very advanced. I think she won everything and had a great time. Her youtube channel is staybymysidetonight and has lots of good videos of her tumbling. I cant remember her username on here but you could post a question to her on youtube to find out.

I don't believe their is an age limit. I know AAU and USTA power tumbling start at ages 4 & under compete together for the lower tumbling levels, then 5 & under for the next level. Once they start competing handsprings it is 6 & under compete together. The age group is 8 & under for the top levels. I've seen three year olds compete and they are the cutest little things! They were only doing rolls of course:) It isn't like gymnastics where you have to be a certain age for a level. If a 5 year old can do the skills to compete level 8 (or whatever), they can.

There isn't an exact age or at least when I started there wasn't. They just let kids compete within reason. I competed when I was four.

Thanks. I talked to the coach today. His plan is to compete DS this coming season (which starts when he is not quite 5) but there are about 6 months to figure that out.

I don't have any feelings about when he should start competing at this point, but wanted to know what I should expect coming down the pike to be suggested in terms of our commitments to the program time/money wise.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back