Mistakes when Opening a Gym

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I am currently in the process of opening up my own gym. I am shooting for a future opening day of about a year. I would like it to be less because I am really excited about this but I do not want to rush anything, I want to make sure I have all my ducks in the right water. How long ideally does it usually take a person to open up a gym? And what type of critical mistakes do gym owners make when trying to start up a gym?

:D

One of the best things we did when opening our gym was create an extensive business plan. It was hard to do and took some time but has been extremely helpful as we have grown. We also started off very small. We are currently renting a 1500 sq ft. bay and have about 150 kids enrolled. We will be moving to a new facility in the next couple of months but we were able to work out all the "kinks" in a smaller facility. We have been in business for 18 months. I would also suggest getting a very reliable accountant and lawyer. Our "team" has been indispensable to us! Let me know if you have other questions.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back