MN adult?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I was a former Gymnast about 5ish years ago and would LOVE to get back into it! Does anyone know any place in MN that has an adult program? I'm looking more for a place I can practice some skills and still participate in the sport that I love. Any info would be appreciated. :)

Hi justcallmecoach! Welcome! I found a gym in MN for you. I just don't know where it's located. The website is Great Northern. They have adult classes and I'm sure if you contact them, they will tell you whatever information you will need to find a gym near you that accepts adults if you are too far away. Good luck in your search. We adult gymnasts are a rare breed and it's upsetting how few gyms take us seriously. I'm in Vermont and there's only one gym that will allow me to train and it's a 2 hour drive one way to get there! Let us all know how it goes with you. :)

Just want to say welcome and hope you have success in finding a gym. I actually take private lessons about 1 1/2 hours a week along with coming to open practice about 1 1/2 hours a week since the adult program kind of fizzled out, so you can look into this option too. Fortunately, the gym I go to is about 7 minutes from my house. I'd be there everyday if they'd let me. I think the main issue is being taken seriously, like littlelady said, but I think you just have to be ascertive and determined because its what you love to do. Just recently I've been getting a little more respect. I think its because they can see I'm in good shape and making progress but I have to admit I still sometimes feel a little silly and like they think I'm just goofing around even though I want to compete again. Fortunately, I have one coach that really believes in me and I'm starting to get the support of the others now too. So basically just put yourself out there, find a gym maybe just that one person that believes in you and go from there.

Thanks for both of your responses! I looked at the website you gave however, I coach at that time on Wednesdays. :( I wish my gym did an adult class! :) I would love to compete again I just don't think there is anywhere around here that do adult competitions so I'll settle for just doing skills and practicing. :)

I have to agree it is upsetting that they don't take us seriously. I can understand why, but if someone wants to try it why not let them? lol I know the reasons why I just want to be able to do the skills I used to. haha. Thanks again!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back