Votes: 1 2.5%

• Total voters

JBS

ChalkBucket Founder
Staff member
Gold Membership
Coach
Proud Parent
Please complete the following poll about the mobile app.

Due to changes in our mobile app (both cost and functionality)...declining use of the mobile app according to our stats...and the fact that our forum software works perfectly fine on mobile devices using regular modern browsers...decisions must be made about supporting the app into 2016.

Please check ALL boxes that apply in the poll. Feel free to respond with more comments about the mobile app.

JBS- I use it, but am adaptable ;) Like you say..it works well with browsers too.....

Does anyone use the mobile app to "reply" or just to view the site and then "reply" once they are on a desktop computer

I only use the mobile app. However, I don't reply too often.

This seems to be what the stats are showing...not many people use the mobile app to reply.

Does anyone use the mobile app to "reply" or just to view the site and then "reply" once they are on a desktop computer

That's pretty much how I use it. I have the mobile app on my android phone which I use to view the forums. I also have an iPad where I just use the browser to view. And I use my laptop to respond or post.

If it's a couple of lines, then I'll reply. If it's a long post, then I'll wait until I'm at the computer. But I'm just not a very good phone typer.:)
I still love to be able to quickly get on the app to check for replies. I also like getting notifications on my phone when someone replies to my post.
The bottom line is, I wouldn't want for the app to disappear.

I'm not looking to remove the mobile apps if there are lots of people that really count on them...but that's what I need for this thread to show. Please respond or vote in the poll if you really use the mobile apps.

I actually can't fathom reading on the app and then closing it, going onto the site, and replying. I start threads, hold conversations, and reply to posts on the app. I don't have a computer or a laptop, and the interface on the app is just nicer on my phone and my iPad. Again, I still do not see the poll. Is there a link to it on this thread? I must be missing it.

I generally check CB on my phone & Kindle. I'm actually on the phone right now.
How many people are actually at home to be on a desktop?!?

CB for me is exclusively on the app. The only time I am ever technically on the website is when the link for social groups from the app, takes me there.

I am on a break from using my android app. It quit working for me so I uninstalled it. I need to reinstall it and try it again. It still works on my iOS device, and I rarely use my desktop for this.

I love using the app. I read and reply solely on it, unless in social groups. I only use CB on my phone. I could adapt to using the desktop version, however I've noticed that when I try to type replies on it from my phone, it gets a little buggy.

I never use it. If the apps are costing us a ton of money then we need to charge app users.

Not a ton...but the price is going up so I want to make sure it's useful.

I am at my desktop computer at home right now and it's the only way I could see the poll. I use the mobile app mostly for viewing while I am at breaks at work or just out and about. I don't have a desk job and I believe that's why I use the mobile app more.

The mobile app does seem to have a few more bugs at times than I would like, but I really wouldn't want to lose it. Another downside is not being able to see the country flags.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back