Parents Mobility question from Xcel to DP?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hello! How do you move from Xcel Gold to level 6? Do you have to compete a meet at level 4 and 5 and score high enough to move to 6, or do you just need to do a meet at level 5? I wasn't sure how it worked since gold is pretty equivalent to level 4.
Thanks!

It depends on the age of the gymnast. If she is not old enough to be petitioned into Level 6, she would have to score out of both levels. There is no direct mobility FROM Xcel to DP.
From page 77 of the R&P above, "Any gymnast who has had previous competitive experience other than USA Gymnastics but including USA Gymnastics Xcel athletes, and who is a minimum of 12 years of age is eligible to petition by submitting a formal written request to the SAC for entry into Level 7 and below. The petition must be accompanied by a video that demonstrates her skill level."

I have a question about moving from DP to Xcel - My daughter achieved a 37AA at states in level 4 this May and will be transition to Xcel, what Xcel level will she move too?

I have a question about moving from DP to Xcel - My daughter achieved a 37AA at states in level 4 this May and will be transition to Xcel, what Xcel level will she move too?
She would have to compete at least one meet at gold and then score out if she has the skills for platinum and her coaches agree. We have two who were at another gym competing level 4 last year and then came here for Xcel, so that's what they are going to do. Platinum has felt like a move up for them, similar to how level 5 would be, although vault is an even bigger step up, as the handspring vault does not start from a 10 in platinum.

Gold is pretty similar to level 4 with room to make it like level 5 if needed/desired. She could possibly be platinum. The main question is how quickly does she learn new skills/feel about pressure to get them by meet season and does she already have some of the skills. Her age could also be a consideration. Not all girls would care but most girls in platinum are teens and some girls under ten would feel left out. I would recommend gold though since there is room to go higher but it’s not required. You can find easy to understand skill requirements on the gymnastics hq website. Hope this helps!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back