WAG Mobility score for level 4 and 5

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

No, it’s a requirement from USAG. If you go Xcel, you don’t need it.
Yes, it is a requirement but it sounds like it is really on the honor system based on a recent post. So, if a coach was willing to move someone up without the score they probably could.

There are requirements for Xcel as well. You could go to Gold with no requirement but for Platinum you would need to score a 31AA or petition in since you are 14 or older.

Yes, it is a requirement but it sounds like it is really on the honor system based on a recent post. So, if a coach was willing to move someone up without the score they probably could.

There are requirements for Xcel as well. You could go to Gold with no requirement but for Platinum you would need to score a 31AA or petition in since you are 14 or older.
alright thanks a lot

It is definitely not an honor system. Scores have to be reported to the state admin. If a gymnast competes in a meet and does not have the mobility scores necessary for their level, and they get caught, it negates the sanction for the meet. Scores are being checked, and there is a program in effect that is being implemented to check for fraud scores or lying coaches.

It is definitely not an honor system. Scores have to be reported to the state admin. If a gymnast competes in a meet and does not have the mobility scores necessary for their level, and they get caught, it negates the sanction for the meet. Scores are being checked, and there is a program in effect that is being implemented to check for fraud scores or lying coaches.

You are correct... it is not on the honor system... but we all know that no one is checking in many cases.

Here is a good question... how far back does this go? Pretty sure I could find proof to throw out a year or two of L10 nationals based on missing L5 (or old L6) scores.

It is required. Don't take the chance of not getting the required scores.

I agree with this statement though.

When I initially said it was the honor system at the start of this thread. I was joking!

When I initially said it was the honor system at the start of this thread. I was joking!
Sorry, I did not realize people were joking about it. I personally don't know because it did not happen to my dd or any others at her gym. I normally wouldn't quote other people's info from previous posts but those that replied seemed to be very knowledgeable and involved in the sport.

Sorry, I did not realize people were joking about it. I personally don't know because it did not happen to my dd or any others at her gym. I normally wouldn't quote other people's info from previous posts but those that replied seemed to be very knowledgeable and involved in the sport.

I was not joking. Sure… there is a system to check the scores… that doesn’t mean the system is being implemented in all areas.

I was not joking. Sure… there is a system to check the scores… that doesn’t mean the system is being implemented in all areas.
Exactly, the scores exist, we can check them, but like our gym is hosting a meet with thousands of kids. No way is the meet director or anyone involved with registration making sure that all those kids have the required score for the level they’re in

Reactions: JBS
Exactly, the scores exist, we can check them, but like our gym is hosting a meet with thousands of kids. No way is the meet director or anyone involved with registration making sure that all those kids have the required score for the level they’re in
I did not realize that it is the meet director who would check. I thought it would be usag. I'm assuming that it might happen sometimes but I hope only for kids who are truly ready for the next level and had a real reason for not getting the score.

I did not realize that it is the meet director who would check. I thought it would be usag. I'm assuming that it might happen sometimes but I hope only for kids who are truly ready for the next level and had a real reason for not getting the score.
The meet director will ensure that all the gymnasts attending have a valid USAG number, and it’s already a pain in the *** because inevitably someone forgot to register their kid, or they moved gyms and didn’t update their membership. No one’s taking the time to check their score out scores.

For compulsories, I’m not sure what the real barrier to earning the score is. The routines aren’t super hard to learn and the qualifying scores aren’t crazy high.

I think if you’re unable to qualify pretty easily that you’re going to get absolutely killed competing at the next level up. Progression of skills in compulsories seems like something that USAG set up pretty logically.

The meet director will ensure that all the gymnasts attending have a valid USAG number, and it’s already a pain in the *** because inevitably someone forgot to register their kid, or they moved gyms and didn’t update their membership. No one’s taking the time to check their score out scores.
You’re right about the meet directors not checking mobility scores. The scores are supposed to be submitted to a designated official in the state. They should be checked there so that the meet directors can just rightly assume the gymnasts are in the level the gym claims they are. It’s not the MD’s responsibility to check mobility scores, that responsibility lies with the clubs following the rules and submitting their scores through the proper channels and process, and the state official doing their job.

and the state official doing their job.

Right here... this is what I am talking about... this does NOT happen all the time. It's a volunteer position.

See my post here...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back